Friday, October 28, 2005

2 hours

2 HOURS

....until he gets home.

I just had a phone call, he's halfway up the M1 and will be home for the weekend in about 2 hours time.

You know what's ironic? He can actually be reasonably pleasant to me on the phone - he was civil, didn't sneer or dish our sarcasm, asked how my day had been.

Being blunt, he probably wants sex. There's always an ulterior motive to his niceness.

Although I can practically guarantee that within moments of him being in the house he will have found the one or two jobs I haven't managed to yet accomplish. He will choose to ignore the fact that in his absence, not only have I continued to keep the house clean and warm, the children fed and happy, but I have also washed every set of curtains in the house, washed all the walls down, cleaned all the paintwork, tidied the garden, etc etc. What he will undoubtedly latch on to is the fact that there is no salad in the house and he is bound to want a salad to eat (despite it being freezing cold here). Or something equally pointless and trivial.

So, here we go again, the joys of the weekend - I wonder if he will let me have my bath in peace tomorrow....place your bets......


edited at 12.00 midnight...

OK so he's home.

And actually he just went to bed. I think he has managed to mutter about three sentences to me in the hour an a half since he came in - one was to ask where his tea was, one was to tell me that the pumpkin (given to me by a friend who had grown it herself) was a ****ing waste of money and one actually now that I think about it I don't think he has said much else. *sighs*

So his presence over the weekend and the 6 hour time difference will mean that S and I will probably not even be able to speak online - she's sleeping when I get up (daren't get up at 5am to find her, too many questions) and by the time she finishes work I will more than likely be sleeping. I just keep reminding myself that it is only for two days. Just two days. Then he's away again. Deep breaths, grin and bare it....

6 Comments:

Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

no

10:05 PM  
Blogger natty68 said...

*hugs* honey. Hope it isnt too bad this weekend for you.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Baby you know I'm with you every minute of the day, even when we aren't able to spend time online together or on the phone. I will be with you in bed. I will be with you when you take the girls dancing.

I love you so much.

S

3:39 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

awww... shucks. see, nothing i can say can top that comment right above me!

i've been meaning to ask you for your email addy but you might not be amenable to that...so instead here's mine: sashasskin@yahoo.com i would so love to hear from you outside of blogging so gimme a buzz if you'd like. oh, did i mention how lovely you are in your last hnt?

and one last: i know you and S will work it out, i feel it in my bones, a thousand miles away! :-)

5:23 AM  
Blogger Mallard said...

It's hard seeing an old friendship and marriage just disintergrate like that... no wonder you are so mixed and flustered with life the universe and everything!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Time zones suck big time in this situation. I know this. When one partner is not working out of the house, it's easier to spend time together. When that switch happens to them working out of the home, then hell, the routine gets all shot to shit. But hey, from what I've read, you two have a determination that'll make damn sure you'll spend time together, despite all outside influences.

Hang in there!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home