Thursday, October 06, 2005

I'm sick...

I'M SICK...

HNT is the next post down....

Time ... 10.27am
Listening to ... Enigma, Return To Innocence

Today I'm sick. I woke at 5am with that awful feeling in the pit of my stomach, and the need to swallow continuously. Then the cramps started. I spent half an hour in the bathroom - you don't need to know any more than that - after which I crawled, literally, back to bed. Half an hour later, back to the bathroom. I'm not sick very often. Not even self-imposed sickness - that was something I could never get to grips with. I have a stomach like iron. So when I am sick the whole house stands to attention and takes notice.

DH was uncharacteristically noble - eventually. OK so he didn't have to be in work until 10am anyway today. Initially, he switched on the main light, half blinded me, then made a point of kicking me as he wandered past my side of the bed, along with an unpleasant muttering to get my backside up and get the children ready. Then he hit the bathroom and realised that despite my best efforts to clean up, I was too sick to clean up properly. And I was sick. So I heard him chivvying the children along - hell - he even got their uniform out for them. Finally I dragged myself out of bed, staggered downstairs and flopped on the couch. He looked at me and mentioned that I looked as 'rough as a badgers arse' (yes, thats a direct quote) and he would take the children to school, I should go back to bed.

I mutter something about having to work today - but realise quickly there is no way I can work when my stomach is hell-bent on creasing into spasms every 30 seconds or so. So I stagger off back to bed, clutching my phones - I always go to bed with two telephones - its a security blanket kind of thing. Pausing only briefly at the bathroom - it's now 8am and in 3 hours I have just about emptied my body totally.

But I can't sleep and after hearing him head off , I crawl out of bed again and here I am, I've managed to drink and keep down a mug of lukewarm water infused with cloves. I've rung into work and asked them to reschedule my appointments for today. I've had a little nap on the couch under my fluffy blanket, and I'm just about to take a bath because I feel grim.

I hope this doesn't last. I'm no good at being sick.

3 Comments:

Blogger natty68 said...

Ugh sounds like a touch of food poisoning maybe..

Hope you feel better soon hon, being sick is the most horrible thing I could possibly think of - I hate it. And why on earth are there either tomoatoes or carrots when you havent even eaten the damn things.. Sorry bit icky..forgot.

Take care :)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Aw...I hope you are feeling better.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

I wish I could've been there to take care of you babe. You know I would have done.

S

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home