Monday, October 03, 2005

It's Monday again

IT'S MONDAY AGAIN

And now for me-me Monday, here goes...

4. I also love jaffa cakes.

This is an easy me-me for me to do, just click here and find out all about the wonderful jaffa cake........

I love them so much I joined the fan-club.

Oh the jaffa cake is such a controversial treat. Is it a cake or is it a biscuit? Opinions are often divided on how best to define this most heavenly of afternoon snacks. It's found lurking in the biscuit aisle, not the cake aisle, and yet it has that lovely spongy base not commonly found in a biscuit.

How I love the mighty jaffa cake. There are, of course, several methods with which to enjoy it's sweetness. You can take the full moon, half moon, total eclipse method. You can of course go straight from full moon to total eclipse when in desperate need. Or you can nibble. Nibbling has to be my favourite method. Delicately playing, nipping away the edge until all that remains is that sticky orange centre, glued to the sponge, with the thin but perfect layer of dark chocolate just waiting to be licked away. Once, and only once, I managed the ultimate nibbling experience. First the outer circle was consumed in tiny, butterfly bites. Then, using my lower teeth, I scraped off the sponge from the bottom. Oh and then, licking the chocolate off the top. Finally succummbing to the orange jelly in the middle, sucking it into oblivion.

Jaffa cake, you are indeed the mightiest of the mighty.

One day I will learn to stop at one....

13 Comments:

Blogger ~art said...

why was i just turned on by you eating Jaffa cake? lol

7:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

My friend Kev from London raves about jaffa cakes!

I played today!!

7:52 PM  
Blogger DawnK said...

I have no idea what a Jaffa cake is, but your desktop sounds pretty, from the description! Makes me want to go down to the lakeshore of Lake Michigan, to take a picture on the next full moon! Thanks for visiting my blog!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

I will definitely have to look into these. They sound yummy.

8:50 PM  
Blogger natty68 said...

Mmmm the humble jaffa cake.. :) My DH favourite of all time :)

Email me sometime, cant keep calling you deadly..lol. Makes you sound like a spider..:)

9:10 PM  
Blogger natty68 said...

Ooooh you have to try Yankee Midsummer's Night..its heavenly :) Just got it and I absolutely love it :)

9:12 PM  
Blogger 3rd daughter said...

*waves* hello back - thanks for stopping by :)

mmmm... jaffa cakes. i have a scottish friend who buys them from a shop called 'treats from home' - they import a whole bunch of british foodie treats for the homesick. the aussie version is quite inferior :)

9:40 PM  
Blogger PackerPundit said...

hey how are those choc o chip candles... ive seen them... smelled them... but i've never smelt one lit before???
romey

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just surfing through from Blog Explosion and wanted to say hi!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Great...another vice I've yet to discover. *wink*

1:50 AM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

art ... were you really? you should have seen me eating it then....

snavylyn ... make sure you get him to send you some!

dawn ... I don't know how to take a screen shot otherwise I would have shown you

lori ... they are!

natty ... I will email you, hun. On the topic of Midsummers Night - I have a tart in that fragrance - it's mmmmmmm!!! I also have a secret stash of Festival of Dreams now discontinued - I allow myself to sniff every now and then but can't bear to burn even though I have two of the huge jars!!! Got Carribean Fruit going in the lounge - not addicted at all ... no.....not addicted *laughs*

3rd daughter ... only the original jaffa cake will do!

romeo ... hello stranger! they smell just like an oven full of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies - honestly! mmmmm

so lost ... hello!

robin ... beware of the vice of the jaffa cake - it's dangerous and full of calories *winks*

7:40 AM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

I must admit I am a jaffa cake nibbler too! :)

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

butterfly hair clips...i love them..well actually i love anything with a butterfly on it..

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home