Monday, October 24, 2005

the raggle taggle gypsy-o

THE RAGGLE TAGGLE GYPSY-O

Okay, it's me-me Monday time and Monday Madness time, so here we go...

9. I love to sing


Powered by Castpost

Yes, I absolutely LOVE to sing. I sing all the time. In the car, in the shower, in the kitchen, everywhere. If there is music I just have to sing it. And I'm one of those hellishly annoying people that knows the lyrics to just about every song imaginable. If you clicked the music link above then, this is what I am singing right now. I love this song. Love, love, love it. And I sing it with an Irish accent which isn't hard for me because my mum is Irish so I have it in me.

Now, I want you all to sing along as best as you can, so here, for your use, are the lyrics - please let me know if you sang with me!!!

There were three old gypsies came to our hall door
they came brave and boldly-o
And one sang high and the other sang low
and the other sang a raggle taggle gypsy-o
It was upstairs downstairs the lady went
put on her suit of leather-o
And there was a cry from around the door
she's away wi' the raggle taggle gypsy-o
It was late that night when the Lord came in
enquiring for his lady-o
And the servant girl she said to the Lord
"She's away wi' the raggle taggle gypsy-o"
"Then saddle for me my milk white steed-
my big horse is not speedy-o
And I will ride till I seek my bride
she's away wi' the raggle taggle gypsy-o"
Now he rode East and he rode West
he rode North and South also
Until he came to a wide open plain
it was there that he spied his lady-o
"How could you leave your goose feather bed
your blankeys strewn so comely-o?
And how could you leave your newly wedded Lord
all for a raggle taggle gypsy-o?"
"What care I for my goose feather bed
wi' blankets strewn so comely-o?
Tonight I lie in a wide open field
in the arms of a raggle taggle gypsy-o"
"How could you leave your house and your land?
how could you leave your money-o?
How could you leave your only wedded Lord
all for a raggle taggle gypsy-o?"
"What care I for my house and my land?
what care I for my money-o?
I'd rather have a kiss from the yellow gypsy's lips
I'm away wi' the raggle taggle gypsy-o!"

Just as an aside, the line 'my big horse is not speedy-o' just has to be one of the best lines in any song ever ever ever!

Hope you sang and I hope you enjoyed the music too!

Okay, on to Monday Madness now, I like playing this game. So here are today's ponderings....

1. diamonds or pearls?
diamonds, without a shadow of a doubt

2. paperback or hardcover books?
paperback - it just isn't the same curled up in bed with a hardback

3. carpet or hardwood floors?
carpet - I like something soft underfoot and under body *winks*

4. dogs or cats?
dogs.

5. fluffy or firm pillow?
fluffy. I am a fluffy chick.

6. fine point or medium point pens?
fine point. I'm a delicate fluffy chick!

7. clocks a little fast or on time?
a little fast - it minimises how late I am!

8. mahjong or spider solitaire (or other)?
erm, not familiar with either.....

9. wall calendar or desk calendar?
wall calendar - I like a streamlined and empty desk

10. 'Survivor' or 'The Amazing Race?'
neither, although I did watch the first series of Survivor once or twice

That's all for now...

8 Comments:

Blogger Lil Bit said...

Damn. I'll have to come back when I can turn my 'puter speakers on & sing along w/ya, girl. Hubby is sleeping right now. Blogging is secret. Shhhhhh! LOL

11:05 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

ah, but i LOVE pearls!!! oh well. it's just one thing. the rest is all good. so, that's 9 out of 10 in common again! ;-) thanks for the hug..

1:46 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

Amazing how singing can really brighten up the day. :)

2:03 PM  
Blogger CycleGuy said...

As I'm listeninig to the song...
Man this tune is going stay in my head for the rest of the day!!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I tried to sing along, but I embarrassed myself with my inability to affect an Irish accent. Sheesh! I got a good smile thinking of you singing it, though!

5:46 PM  
Blogger ~art said...

Like the song, I'd never heard it before. Sorry I couldn't sing with you as I am reading your blog from the back row of our comapany's stockholder meeting :)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

weeeeeeeeeee! What a fun lil ditty!!
YESSS, I sang along... even w/an Irish accent.
Keep a-dreaming 'bout YOUR raggle taggle gypsy-O, girl! ;)

11:32 PM  
Blogger Domnall said...

Great song. I like these guys.
http://www.irishdescendants.com/music4/ragtaggyp.rm

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home