Saturday, October 01, 2005

slip seven times, stand up eight times

SLIP SEVEN TIMES, STAND UP EIGHT TIMES

I've had the loveliest of mornings!

And now two and a half hours stretch out deliciously ahead of me.

The bath is run. I love long hot baths. I've missed my weekly soak in the bath because I had a tattoo done on my back over the summer and was told, under no circumstances, to submerge it in water for about a month. (Yes, I've showered!!!) So this was a real case of delayed pleasure. And I have just the most perfect indulgence for my bath this morning. BLACK PEARL. Lush. For anyone that is already a Lush afficionado I need say no more. For those of you yet to experience the delights of Lush, do so without delay.

There's a rather specific ritual to a Lush bath. Well there is for me anyway. Firstly, I run the bath half full with water that is comfortable enough to get in without causing me to yelp. Then I get in and top up with the hottest water I can cope with. I know it's not good for skin and stuff but hell, it's a once a week treat. So I'm in, the water is hot, the bathroom is already all steamed up and in goes the black pearl. It looked like the most insignificant thing ever. In fact it looked like an apricot shaped piece of pumice stone. Hardly exciting.

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What a huge treat for the senses that turned out to be though. First it fizzes. Then great clouds of fine silver glitter float to the surface of the water. Now at this point the water turned a murky shade of dishwater-grey and I almost panicked. But then the scent of blackcurrants and lavender reached my nose and a little contented sigh escaped me. Then up pops a little paper pearl of wisdom - oh this even has a novelty factor! I've got what I hope to be a good book at the side of me, and so I settle back and relax............

I'm reading this....



And damn it's good.

It was a random choice from the library - described as Buffy The Vampire Slayer meets Sex In The City. Set in a very dark and edgy New Orleans. I'm captivated by the first chapter. By the end of the second chapter I'm wrinkly. By the third chapter I realise with a sigh that the hours have passed and I really do have to get out soon.

Quick maintenance session then - bit of scrubbing and exfolitiating, the usual processes - you know what I mean ladies? A lovely application of body butter (yes this one goes on wet and yes it works). A quick wash of the hair and out I hop.


Peace soon to be shattered, but I'm relaxed and soft and smelling divine. Oh and I'm covered in silver glitter - head to toe. Little specks of it glinting on my cheek, winking from my cleavage, shimmering on my arms. I am a glitter-babe.

Oh and just as an aside, I also discovered the major contributory factor to the angst of the last few days. Hormones. Yes, its that time of the month - early. Hence all that whining and depression. Hence the need for carbohydrates. Hence the spot on my forhead. OK so it doesn't cover everything and the underlying stuff is still there, but at least now I know why I seemed so despairing. If I get like this in another 3/4 weeks then give me a sharp kick up the backside and tell me to get some geranium oil burning. Silly me, eh.

A whole post too with barely a mention of S. That would be because I couldn't possibly tell you about last night. Notice the little secret smile on my lips right now. Some things are just too good to share. Except with her.

Listening to ... Silvertide, Blue Jeans

She's the kind of girl you bring home to your mother
She looks good in blue jeans even better under covers
She's a devil in bed between the sheets
Ask her if she's a saint and she'll get down on her knees and pray

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bath + Book = Bliss!

And especially so when you are normally rushed of your feet.

Glad you enjoyed.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Milt Bogs said...

Thanks for the visit. I guess I should have popped in earlier. Oh well same old story...

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to read the smile in your words!
I'll be back in 3-4 weeks to kick your ass!!

;)

7:52 PM  
Blogger natty68 said...

Oh poo why didnt I read this post before I went to Bluewater today, I could have gone to Lush and got one of those Black Pearls.. Think I am going to have to try this devine piece of heaven..and whats this body butter? I take it this is a lush product too, is it worth trying out do you think?

And sounds like you had a lovely time this morning :)

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home