Sunday, October 02, 2005

sunday

SUNDAY

Only one reason why I would be up so early on a Sunday morning.

Tiredness is slamming me against the rocks today though, added to which I'm hormonal, stuck in the midst of a what could easily pass for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and weepy. Not a pretty picture but I still have enough of myself to laugh at my self-indulgence.

I just put away last nights dishes and sorted out some washing. One load came out of the drier and as I am folding it a little spider wanders out of a sleeve. Do you suppose it has been in the tumble-drier? I bow to thee, super-spider, surviving in the face of 100 degree heat.

Going back to bed now, if I sneak quietly back upstairs maybe I can get a couple more much-needed hours.

until later then ....

Time ... 7.04am

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm up now.

DH has just called - he'll be home sometime today. And before he even gets home already he's picking an argument about tomorrow - he's got the day off work tomorrow because he worked through the night on Friday night. He wants us to 'spend some time together'. Except that I'm having my hair cut tomorrow (first time in 2 years but thats another story). So he wants to come with me to the hairdressers.

Er.....no.

I don't think so.

I'm driving 35 miles to see this particular hairdresser because I've known her a long time and have finally plucked up courage to go and see her. She's doing my hair at her home on her day off.

So then the conversation about the cars, which isn't really important but has just got me slighlty annoyed. He says I have to take his car because he wants my car for the day. Why? No reason he just does. I have a nice car. A very nice car. There's nothing wrong with his car at all, its just not as new or as big or as fast as mine. Mine technically is the family car, but in reality it is mine - filled with my music, my 'on-the-run' collection of lip gloss and perfume, it has all the childrens' things in the boot - school bags, spare bottles of water and other random but necessary junk. He just wants to drive around in my car with no real purpose just because he can. And he decides that 10am is just the time to discuss this, when he's supposed to be working and I'm trying to put a chicken in the oven for dinner. No sense of timing at all, men. None whatsoever.

I'll keep you posted on the battle of the cars...

In the meantime, I'd better get that chicken sorted - roast chicken with all the trimmings - who's coming for dinner?

Time ... 10.29am

6 Comments:

Blogger natty68 said...

Ooooh set me a place, will be there in a thrice..:) *err once I have got dressed..lol

12:26 PM  
Blogger natty68 said...

ok you convinced me..I am going to go to Lush in Bluewater this week and treat myself to some Black pearl and King of Skin :) I already use Fresh Farmacy on my face and its brilliant :)

1:36 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

Good for you Natty!!! :D

I'm just about to head into a Lush shower - Flying Fox.....

1:47 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Darling, you know it's one of those male things with the car. He's feeling grossly inadequate right now and needs your car to make up for it. *laughs*

I love you

S.

4:47 AM  
Blogger ~art said...

Dinner sounds good to me :) Hope your day turns around for you :)

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would have wanted to come for dinner..sounds yummy!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home