Thursday, November 17, 2005

half-nekkid thursday - needle phobics look away!

HALF-NEKKID THURSDAY - NEEDLE PHOBICS LOOK AWAY!

For the last few weeks I've been having weekly sessions of acupuncture, and I thought that it would make an interesting topic for HNT.

So the first week, I toddle along equipped with my camera phone. I left it in my bag, expecting that I would have a few minutes to slip it under the pillow on the treatment couch while I got undressed for the treatment. Nope - I didn't need to get undressed and so no photo of the first week.

The second week I'm better prepared - I have my camera phone in my jeans pocket and so I plan to take a couple of shots when the acupuncturist leaves the room to let me relax with my needles in. Only this time she turned off the lights in the room so I could relax properly and because my camera phone has no flash I couldn't take any photos. Foiled again.

So week number 3, and I decide to bring my cheap and nasty digital camera because it has a flash (in case of dimmed lights). The only problem is I don't have a pocket in my trousers and so I have to sneak it under the pillow when acupuncturist is not looking and hope she doesn't spot it and start asking questions about why I need a camera for acupuncture!

Success! We're in a different room with a big bright window, and after all 18 (yes 18) needles have been inserted she trots off to leave me to relax. I fish the camera out and start snapping...

So these are the best I could manage - I was lying totally flat on a treatment couch, with 4 needles in my abdomen which meant that I couldn't sit up to try and get a better angle. And the fact that I had 2 needles stuck in my knees also meant that I couldn't bend my leg to try and bring it closer to me. So instead I just lifted my leg and did a 'point-and-shoot' thing, hoping for at least one useable photo.

And this is it...

As you can see, it's not brilliant, it's a bit grainy and definitely off centre, but I think you can just make out the needle in the top of my foot and the three needles around my ankle. No, they didn't hurt going in, but the one in the top of my foot didn't want to come out afterwards!

Anyway, then I took this shot...


... which shows the needle in the top of my hand.

And then finally I took this shot...


... which shows the needle in my elbow.

So, 18 needles in all, equally balanced on each side of the body - elbow, top of hand, abdomen, knee, ankle and top of foot.

Happy HNT, one and all, check out Osbasso for some inspired, sexy and none-needle photos!

26 Comments:

Blogger Sasha said...

ouch df!! those look like they hurt!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

owie!! *shiver*

BUT....they make cool hnt pics :)

Happy HNT!!! :)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Oucchieeee!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Jaxe said...

ow ow ow ow ow.... whew, thank god it wasn't 19 needles... i'm scared of 19 ;-) happy hnt

7:52 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

acupuncture is very theraputic, I have it once a month..

Cool pics..

9:34 AM  
Blogger Osbasso said...

You're a braver soul than I! Hope things are smoothing out for you some...

9:40 AM  
Blogger PackerPundit said...

ouch... wow gorgeous... doesnt that hurt??

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to try acupuncture! Great pictures! Happy HNT!

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does look painful. Brave to try it i think

happy HNT

11:57 AM  
Blogger Maverick said...

Interesting subject :-) I wonder how much the stress of trying to sneak the pictures offset the relaxation you were supposed to get from the procedure!

Happy HNT!

Stacie

Spitting in a Wishing Well

1:58 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

oooooh! Happy HNT!

2:44 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

so cool. I want to try acupuncture.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Eeehggghhh.

No needles willingly. Bleh!

HHNT.

3:32 PM  
Blogger ~art said...

er.................OOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

So, that works huh? Interesting...

HHNT!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Scarlet Traces said...

oohhh, these are cool pictures, really intresting and i love the tale of how you managed to take these pictures :)
happy hnt!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Mara said...

That just freaks me the hell out. Happy HNT

6:36 PM  
Blogger Blondie... said...

I've thought about accupuncture several times. A good friend of mine is a chiropractor and just got the most awesome kit.

Happy HNT!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Pretty sneaky getting your camera in there!

I don't think I'll be having that done anytime soon though.

Happy HNT :)

8:18 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

Cool pics! Ouch. Cheers and happy HNT!

8:25 PM  
Blogger *Monica said...

so brave! Happy HNT

9:12 PM  
Blogger MamaKBear said...

Cool! So, does it work?
HappY HNT!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I'm with mamakbear...tell us more!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Dawn Oglesby said...

I LOVE accupuncture. It's the coolest thing ever. I love when they stick them in my head and I look like a monster.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Scott & Julia said...

Cool shots! Hmm, I've always wondered about acupuncture .. does it actually work? Happy HNT!

4:12 AM  
Blogger jade said...

I've always been curious about acupuncture. I hope you tell more about it.

Good job on sneaking the pics!

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home