Sunday, November 06, 2005

Home Coming

HOME COMING

It's 4.30 am and I got off the phone with DF about an hour ago now. I should be asleep but I can't because I've got mucus in my throat oozing down my esophogus. Pleasant thought, eh? So I'm sat here with a tumbler filled a finger's width high with honey and lemon and a touch of whiskey. I'm hoping that will cut through all of the mucus. Besides that, Donna Summers' Last Dance has popped into my head and every time I close my eyes I hear the song. I don't hear it so much now that I'm in front of the computer wide awake, but when my eyes close, the song is there. Totally bizarre, I know.

So my baby is coming home today, which is fantastic. I know she's had a wonderful weekend with her sisters and just being around thousands of like-minded individuals. I can't wait to experience Witchfest myself. Despite the way I've felt most of the weekend, missing her and everything, I'm very very glad she got away. I know anyone who's visited this blog has seen how her home life is and knows that she has needed this for quite some time. Still, it's good to have her back.

Perhaps she will allow me to post again in the future when she goes away, if she's not cross with me for taking over in her absence this time. She gave me her user name and password a few weeks ago when she was trying to fix her template and I kept it for future reference. Hopefully she won't be upset that I took over to entertain while she was away.

I'm off to bed now as my home-made brew is now gone and I have to wake in about 2.5 hours to go to work. Joy.

S.

6 Comments:

Blogger CycleGuy said...

I'm sure DF's time away will be good for her.
S, it was a pleasure reading you.
Hope you feel better soon.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Sasha said...

oh i'm sure df wouldn't mind. it's so nice to have someone "cover" for her... oh, you guys just make me go awww...

and take care of that mucus now..

12:28 PM  
Blogger MamaKBear said...

Ditto what sasha said! :)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Faery... no she is not polyamourous. She happens to be a married woman who's fallen in love with another woman. Once arrangements can be made, I am moving from the US to the UK and she will leave her husband to be with me permanently. So there is really only the two of us and there will never be anyone else.

S.

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My grandmother used to feed that to us when we were kids and had colds. Honey, lemon and a teaspoon of whiskey...

That brought back a great memory of my childhood... thanks S.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

I normally use a lot more than a teaspoon of whiskey, real. *laughs* But last night it was just a touch.

S.

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home