Friday, November 25, 2005

i never get sick

I NEVER GET SICK

Famous last words. I'm sick.

Sick of the sore, scratchy throat, heavy head, aching limbed variety.

And I feel sorry for myself.

Last night, in a bid to get warm, (despite the temperature of 101) I climbed into a hot bath to soak for a while. All was going swimmingly well until DH came into the bathroom (I always leave the door unlocked , don't ask me why) and decided that he would open the bathroom window. It was minus 3 outside. And I am unwell and shivery. So he opens the bathroom window. Considerate, eh? Cue me shivering and trembling as I try to get the window closed and then spend another hour trying once again to get warm. I gave up in end and climbed into bed at 9.30pm.

Just as I climbed into bed, S called me on my mobile - I'd sent her a moany, sad-for-myself email telling her I was going to bed and she took a (correct) chance that I would have my mobile with me (I always do, it is glued to my hip) and that he would still be downstairs (yes, he was, watching wrestling....)

So after talking to her for a few minutes I drifted off to sleep quite easily with blissful thoughts of her tucking me up in bed and soothing my fevered brow.

I was hoping to feel better this morning, but no. I still feel crappy. But I can't give in as I have a pile of stuff to do around the house, got to go and get the weekly shopping, and then tonight it's the school Christmas Fair and I'm supposed to be doing the face painting. *sigh* It's going to be a long day.

What I really need is someone to take care of me, bring me hot drinks and let me curl up on the couch under my favourite furry blanket, alternating between watching daytime tv and snoozing. Sounds blissful. Sadly impossible.

Suppose I'd better go and get dressed now and march stoically on with the day....

6 Comments:

Blogger Sasha said...

if i lived down the street or just a couple of blocks from you df, you needn't have asked.

8:51 AM  
Blogger natty68 said...

Aww you poor thing :-( Sending you lots of virtual hot chocolate and marshmallows. And plenty of hugs too. Hope you feel better soon df.

*hugs*

4:30 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh sorry you sick hun. I do hope you are better quickly!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

wish you better df... just make sure you wrap up warm when you do venture outside... i was in the uk last week and it's freezing...!

7:57 AM  
Blogger thordora said...

cruddy

I'm having the "about to get sick" feeling.....so I'm gonna go suck back half a bottle of Nyquil and let my father get the baby in the morning...

have a hot toddy; even if you're still sick, you've got a buzz on and don't care!

2:12 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

So sorry you're sick! LBCG and I are both sick as well but we have blissfully been able to curl up together and watch movies sans kids!

Feel better; if I could bring you soup, I would (but I think it's a bit of a drive to your house from Oregon????)

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home