Wednesday, November 02, 2005

ketchup is just so wrong

KETCHUP IS JUST SO WRONG

Thank you for all your comments on my last post. DH is still away and I haven't spoken to him since Monday night so the matter is still hanging in the air. I appreciate everything you have all said to me. I haven't taken legal advice - yet - I am just biding my time on that one until I have heard what he has to say. But I am looking into various law firms around here and seeing who is likely to be the best representative. Head is unglued from sand.

Anyway, on a lighter note, I thought I would share a rather unpleasant experience with you - and one that you will probably find quite amusing. Just a little quirk of mine.

I hate hate hate tomato ketchup.

I hate it with a passion that is only rivalled by sardines and peanut butter.

My children love tomato ketchup (the youngest has it on salad and dips cucumber in it but thats another story...)

Last night I was driving home with the children, it was quite late and we hadn't had dinner. Everyone was hungry so I stopped at a McDonald's drive-thru and got happy meals. I didn't get anything for me as I planned to eat after later.

But damn, those chips smelt wonderful so I asked them if I could have one.

Now, it's dark, I'm driving, and the children are all sat in the back so I wriggled my arm around the seat and put out my hand, into which one of them placed a chip. Which I then placed in my mouth.

Only to discover that they had covered one end of it in ketchup...

eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

In fact, that doesn't even come close to my reaction - I was very nearly sick there and then and had to pull over the car to spit it out. Then I'm scrabbling around in the boot looking for a bottle of water that I know is there somewhere....

All the way home I was heaving and swallowing. Yuk. Yuk. Yuk.

I'm permanently scarred, I fear!!

I'm off to work in a minute and then this afternoon I am going here...



Well, I'm rather hoping that she's accurate rather than inaccurate - I will let you know later...

8 Comments:

Blogger Sasha said...

if i were practising in england i'd offer my services to you for free. absolutely free.

oh but why don't you like ketchup???

12:04 PM  
Blogger ~art said...

Do you like tomatoes?

3:15 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

sasha - Thank you, petal. As for the ketchup thing, I have never ever liked it from being a child - just the smell turns my stomach - I can't explain it really

art - no I don't like tomatoes, at least not in their raw state. I like tomato soup and I like tomato-based sauces like bolognese or chilli and suchlike - but tomatoes - nope. Odd really, because I like the smell of fresh tomatoes and I wish I liked them. I just don't.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Wow, I thought that my sister was the only one repulsed my ketchup. I thought everyone loved it! Interesting........so do you dip your fries in anything?

6:36 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Wow, I just saw your comment on my blog and clicked over. I guess we have one or two things in common?

I am going to peruse your site when I get a free minute; I hope that you know that you are not alone in this journey you're on. You're not the only woman that has gone through this and there are others to lend you some support!

I'll be back!

6:58 PM  
Blogger natty68 said...

Mmmmm ketchup..but it can only be heinz..lol

Just sent you an email (well earlier this afternoon..lol)

*hugs*

8:27 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

In the 80's ketchup was designated as a vegetable in school lunches. What was that about???

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to eat chips and ketchup when I was a kid... what's wrong with that?!?

:)

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home