Tuesday, November 29, 2005

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW


*photo removed*


Well, as you can see we have plenty of snow. This was the view from my lounge window at 10am yesterday. The bird that you can see perched on my neighbours roof is a heron - they're quite rare around here - but as I was standing at the window (I was actually talking to S on the phone) it came swooping past and landed on the roof. Big bird, eh?

And look at that snow! It snowed pretty much all day - school was closed at 2pm so I had a delightful trek to collect the children - took me two hours to get there and back, which has really not done my cold and cough any good at all.



And these are my hiking boots. You can't see properly, but they are actually purple suede. I promised S that I would take her a picture of my purple suede boots - and so there they are! They make my feet look tiny!

So what with all the snow, I never made it to the bank - but I did call them and everything is under control and being dealt with, no need to panic. They seem to have already intercepted a great number of the transactions already so, fingers crossed, things may be sorted out quite quickly. Thats a huge relief.

I don't have much else to say - I'm pretty dull and boring today - so sorry.

I have to go in to work for an hour this morning, but as things stand right now I can't get my car off the drive. Nor can I get the children to school without a 45 minute walk and I really don't feel well enough for a 45 minute walk through the snow. So I'm stuck with having to keep the children off and drag them to work with me, such joy....

Okay, time to stop the whingy moaning now, get my backside in gear and get dressed.




9 Comments:

Blogger jade said...

I love the photos! I miss the snow, it's so beautiful.

9:38 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

Lovely snowt pictures!

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had snow like that here on Saturday.
Today is Tuesday and it was 65 degrees and raining all day.

So much for the snowy Christmas season.

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had snow like that here on Saturday.
Today is Tuesday and it was 65 degrees and raining all day.

So much for the snowy Christmas season.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

sigh. can i visit you so i can touch some snow?

1:59 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I hated snow when I lived in Indiana. Now that I live in Florida, I find myself booking a trip to some cold location for New Year's Eve. How weird am I?

4:20 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

For someone like me who live in SUNNY South Africa... these pictures are the things postcards are made off. Beautiful.

10:21 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

I miss seeing snow, so badly! Those pictures make me just want to go out and play in it!

2:52 AM  
Blogger Mallard said...

Great snow pics! It *never* snows like that here in town... well, like only once in like 50 years or something! But on the other hand we've had a couple of inches of wonderful drought-breaking back-up rainfall over November - whoo hoo!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home