Sunday, November 20, 2005

making the ordinary extra-ordinary

MAKING THE ORDINARY EXTRA-ORDINARY

I woke this morning to a whole stack off offline messages on Yahoo and a long, long, wonderful email in my inbox and a message on my mobile phone. Let's hope and pray that her connection stays good.

I wouldn't normally share anything like this with you, but I was so moved by these words that I sat at the PC with tears rolling down my cheeks.

S, please forgive me for sharing this without asking your permission first, but I want everyone to know just how wonderful a person you are.

This is a part of the email.....

I love you so much df and every day I look forward to our life together. Just doing ordinary things. Because we won't have to do extraordinary things. Just being together will make life extraordinary and extra special. You know, this week is our Thanksgiving and I always use this time to reflect on the past year and think about all I have to be thankful for. This year, above all else, I am thankful I have you. A beautiful, loving, caring, sexy, funny, wonderful woman. The one thing I've wanted more than anything in the world. And now I have something new that I want more than anything: to live the rest of my life with my woman. Since the first came true, I am certain that the second will too.

What more can I say - she is so wonderful, she is everything she describes me as being. It makes my heart skip crazily to read words like that, to feel so loved and so cherished.

Today I will be walking on air, with the memory of those words tucked safe into a corner of my mind, to be unwrapped and peeped at like a beautiful treasure.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sasha said...

sigh.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Genna said...

Wow. You are truly lucky to have found each other.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Yes.... *sigh* how lucky you are.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Dawn Oglesby said...

That is so freaking sweet. I love being in love. That feeling of "Oh My God, I can't believe this person is actually this awesome." I'm so happy for the both of you. How long before you actually meet?

8:27 PM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

"I look forward to our life together. Just doing ordinary things. Because we won't have to do extraordinary things. Just being together will make life extraordinary and extra special."

That's it, Deadly. That's the true love thing. That's when you know. That's how i felt about G.

You are very lucky, and i'm really happy for you.

Minxxxx

12:19 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

What beautiful words! You and S. are very lucky to have found each other.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog and getting to know you. Thanks for stopping by mine.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

You know, I had a long distance relationship with my husband (of course, before we were married) for a year. I remember the fear of making the leap and moving to be closer to him. I remember being worried that without the agony of distance, we'd lose the rush of passion that carried me on my own personal clouds.

S has it right though... when the ordinary replaces the extraordinary, it's pure bliss.

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home