Friday, November 04, 2005

missing in action

MISSING IN ACTION

6.25am and I'm just about to hit the shower and finish packing because I'm going away for the weekend.

It's a long-planned trip, something that I have been very excited about for a few months now - I'm going here !!

No children, no DH.

My train leaves at 10.07am and after a couple of changes I will finally arrive at the hotel sometime around 3pm this afternoon, ready for a long soak in the bath before meeting up with some of my sisters for the evening. Then on Saturday we hit the festival, and party on through until the wee small hours on Sunday morning. Thankfully, I don't have to check out of the hotel until 3pm on Sunday, and expect to get back home some time around 9pm.

I am, however, dreading crossing over London - I have to get from one mainline station to another to get a connection out to Croydon, and I'm a bit of a country bumpkin so I'm a little panicky at the thought of all those people and me not knowing where I'm going. I'll cope though.

I'm completely ready for this break, I think I need to get away for a couple of days and just rediscover who I am.

So right now I'm in a packing frenzy - two nights, two days and I want to take 5 pairs of shoes/boots - what is all that about then? I did buy some rather wicked new shoes yesterday in the sale - reduced from £20 to £5 - they are purple and sequinned - just my taste - and so I have to take them - and of course my wickedly high black suede boots - and not forgetting my brown leather boots in case I wear my long chocolate brown skirt. Well, a girl has to be prepared you know!

I've got some good books for the train, and my MP3 player loaded with good music, all I need to do now is finish packing, shower, swing by the bank and get some money, and then I'm on my way!

Expect me to return hungover and laden down with crystals and books and herbs and all sorts of magical mystical things.

I'm going to miss my children, but they'll be having fun with their dad.

And I am going to miss S. I awoke to the phone ringing and there she was, so we have had an hour on the phone, just talking, just being with each other, and I will miss her terribly this weekend but thankfully I can email from my mobile phone so we will still be in some kind of contact. But I will miss her. I wish she was coming with me, we would have such a wonderful time there together - I know that everything I see I will want to show to her.

Anyway, back on Monday, have a nice weekend, whatever you are doing...

3 Comments:

Blogger Sasha said...

heheh...you sound like becky bloomwood in the shopaholic series. but i'm glad you're all packed and spending the weekend away! that's good... you deserve the break honey. have a nice weekend!

2:33 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

Have a good trip. I know how you need the break. :)

6:13 PM  
Blogger MamaKBear said...

What a cool place to be going! Have a good and safe trip, hope you come back feeling relaxed and happy!

Blessed be...

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home