Tuesday, November 22, 2005

playing with glitter

PLAYING WITH GLITTER

Well, last night was a complete and total disaster. Eclipse (my broadband provider) crashed spectacularly at 4.35pm, just when I was mid-conversation with S. And could I reconnect? No I damn well couldn't. I tried continuously for an hour without joy, restarted my pc several times and still no joy. Thank the heavens that I have the ability to send emails from my mobile phone - I was at least able to email her and tell her what was going on.

So, being forcibly ripped from my pc last night meant that I actually did something else for a change. I played with glitter. I'm a bit of a craft princess and I love playing with anything creative, so last night I played. I'd promised S that I would make a Christmas Card to send to one of her best friends and so that's what I did. Except that now the glitter is everywhere - all over the lounge carpet, all over my couch, all over the kitchen, and particularly all over me. Despite a lengthy shower this morning (Lush Gratuitious Violets - mmmmmmm) I'm still covered in the stuff. Put me next to a flickering candle and I twinkle! And I smell good too.

S called me - 9.30am my time, 3.30am her time - she is just so damned lovely and wonderful and I love hearing her voice when she's all sleepy and soft and warm.

She's teasing me about Christmas. Naughty girl. Yesterday she let slip one of the gifts she wanted to buy me for Christmas - I jumped up and down in happiness - she's just the most thoughtful woman in the whole world ever!

Then overnight she sent me an email to say that she had been to get it and they were sold out. So when we spoke this morning I jokingly said that I was distraught they had sold out. Silence at her end. I'm wondering what is wrong suddenly.

Then we have little sneakly giggles from her end and she tells me not to tell her off for lying, because sat behind her in a big box (how on earth is she going to have that shipped over here....?) is the gift.

So then I'm laughing because she's so silly and adorable - she was cross at herself for telling me what the gift was, so she tells me she can't get it so that I'll still be surprised when I open it because I won't be expecting it. So then she tells me that she has it anyway! She just can't keep a secret from me, try as she might - but then I am the same with her too.

We decided yesterday that it's because we both love to make each other happy - and I know that my gifts to her will make her happy and she knows that her gifts to me will make me happy. And because we both are made happy by each other's happiness (still following this??) we have to tell each other because we want that happiness now!

I think that's what we decided, anyway.

It's going to be a Christmas of mixed emotions, I think.

There will be so much love because I have S in my life, but there will be sadness because we will be thousands of miles apart when we really should be together. But then we will have a lifetime of Christmases and birthdays and all sorts of other celebrations to spend together.

We were also talking about the Winter Olympics when we chatted earlier. I love the Winter Olympics - far more than the Summer Olympics. S and I share a passion for ice-skating. Well, watching it anyway. I just love watching the ice skating, I marvel at the elegance and apparant simplicity because I know, categorically, that if I were in ice skates I'd be on my backside in less than 10 seconds. So then I tell her (as if she didn't know) that London will be hosting the Summer Olympics - but I forgot which year (how could I???) and she reminds me that it's 2012. And then it dawns on me that by 2012 we will be together! Ok, so 2012 is ages and ages away, I know, but when the Summer Olympics are over here in the UK, S and I will be together. Physically. Properly. Together. That thought brought the biggest smile to my face.

I'm like a love-struck teenager today.

7 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

A Christmas of mixed emotions? I bet...

Just focus on the good ones, and let the others slide.

Came here via my good pal Mallard D'Quackers, and I'll definitely be back. Good luck with everything.

Trollmama xx

1:04 PM  
Blogger natty68 said...

Are you going to spill what the pressie is..lol.

I'm glad you are sounding happier df, its about time hon. You and S are meant to be together, and whatever the goddess throws in your way you both know that you can overcome anything, because you love each other to bits.

*hugs*

2:07 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Could hear the joy in yr writing. :)

3:06 PM  
Blogger MamaKBear said...

Yeah! We wanna know what the pressie is!

I like reading your posts..especially when you sound happy!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

Okay, so all you impatient people have to wait until Christmas to find out what the pressie is!!! I know what it is, and all I will reveal is.....

nothing!!!

And I thought I was impatient....

6:18 PM  
Blogger Sasha said...

lovesick is good :)

3:13 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

hehe... you all shimmery and smelling good reminds me of a stripper... in a good way! Yes, lovestruck is wonderful!

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home