Thursday, November 24, 2005

with thanks to hnt

WITH THANKS TO HNT

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you celebrating over there across the big pond, have a lovely day, whoever you are celebrating with. Well, I did have another photo lined up for this week, but I've put it on hold. I wanted to just spend a little time in reflective mood.

You know, I've been participating in HNT for 11 weeks now, and in that time I have seen some simply stunning photographs, some very clever and artistic pictures and some downright beautiful bodies. I don't consider myself to be one of this world's beautiful people. I'm passable - on a good day - but at the age of 35 and with two children and an eating disorder under my belt, my body, quite frankly, leaves a lot to be desired. It's my weak spot, my achilles heel, my vulnerability. Sometimes I can leave the house feeling good, but the vast majority of the time I leave the house feeling inferior to most other people that I come across.

But HNT has given me something and for that I want to say thank you.I know for a fact that if any of you were to pass me in the street, I would not merit even a second glance. I certainly wouldn't merit any positive attention. But here in HNT land, for a short time, I can feel almost equal. I have never ever ever photoshopped a picture of mine (wouldn't know how to - can't even crop them let alone alter them in any other way) so what you see me post as for my HNT shots is the raw, nekkid truth. Granted, I am very very careful about what parts of my body I show.

So what I want to say, to all of you that have ever commented on my HNT shots, anyone that stops by to have a peek, is thank you. Thank you for enabling me, for just one day of the week, to feel pretty, to feel beautiful, to feel good about myself.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving xx

This picture has been removed.

Edited: Just to add (it's 6.33am by the way and damn cold over here) - this isn't a fish-for-compliments type of post - I read it back and realised how needy it sounds. Well I am a bit needy, but what I was really trying to do is recognise how HNT can make us all feel just that little bit more special - that a part of us has touched people that are, in some ways, strangers - and yet in other ways these people know us more intimately that people that we see in our 'real lives' every day.

Bah! I should know better than to post when I just fell out of bed and haven't had the requisite number of hot water and lemons to wake me up....

30 Comments:

Blogger Wenchy said...

This is a beautiful picture. You look so soft, gentle... really, really special.

11:35 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

Thank you for this beautiful shot... along with the others you have posted. Cheers and happy HNT! :)

1:22 AM  
Blogger MamaKBear said...

You ARE beautiful! That is a fantastic picture!

Happy Thanksgiving & HNT!

3:00 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

df, you are the most beautiful woman ever.

4:29 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

very pretty! Happy HNT!

4:31 AM  
Blogger Scarlet Traces said...

this is a beautiful picture, really gentle and lovely,
happy hnt!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Genna said...

Great shot!! You look very beautiful!! Be proud of you!

5:15 AM  
Blogger PackerPundit said...

you are soooooo pretty :)

Happy HNThansgiving Gorgeous!!!
Romey
"Big Muahs*

6:56 AM  
Blogger Osbasso said...

Well, I'm just going to repeat what everyone else said! But I don't think any of us thought of that as sounding needy! I would guess that probably 80% or more of the people involved in HNT have shared the same thoughts as yourself. That's what's been the greatest success of HNT, and why it's continuing as strongly as it is. It isn't all about boobs and butts--there's more nekkidness showing in your picture right now than many of the other pics out there. Because it's you, out there for everyone to see and to put a face to the rest of your writing. That can be scary as hell, but you've done it!

Hell, I rambled. Keep it coming! As another HNTer has said on a number of occasions--HNT is the great equalizer. There's not one of us better than the other! Have a great day--I'll eat an extra slice of turkey for you!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Tish said...

You are a very beautiful woman! I love the pic! Happy HNT! :)

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make no mistake you are very beautiful. I have wondered through you blog a spell. There is no doubt in my mind.

Personally I have found HNT to be kinda liberating.

Happy HNT

11:35 AM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

Deadly, you are beautiful. I know everyone else said it, but i was going to say it anyway BEFORE i read their comments...

And you have way more guts than many -- myself included.

All love,

Minxxxxx

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy hnt! very peaceful!

4:30 PM  
Blogger SCH said...

I can only echo what everyone else has already said. You are a beautiful woman! Have a Happy HNT!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your picture reflects your happy soul :) happy thanksgiving and thanks for the comment!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Robin Alexa said...

I love the look on your face, you look so content.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that learning to be comfortable in your own skin is one of the finest lessons in life. We are all wonderful in our own way and to allow these little parts of ourselves some exposure here goes a long way to help our self esteem.
You are beautiful, you are you, happy HNT! :)

8:18 PM  
Blogger Aisha T. said...

I'm glad that you are feeling more comfortable with yourself! It's a great HNT and you look amazing.

9:33 PM  
Blogger HS said...

you're beautiful...inside and out!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

Lovely post and photo.

You are beautiful.

Happy HNT.

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very lovely! And I must say that I too have an eating disorder under my belt and found myself saying "me too!" while reading your post. There's something very healing about this whole process. Thank you for articulating it so very well! Happy HNT!

12:59 AM  
Blogger aughra said...

lovely. Happy HNT.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You have a beautiful smile. Lovely picture.

Happy Thanksgiving HNT!

2:21 AM  
Blogger Scott & Julia said...

Beautiful picture! And beautiful post! Happy HNT and Happy Thanksgiving!

3:34 AM  
Blogger S said...

Thats a really beautiful post! Happy Thanksgiving HNT to you!

3:55 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

A lot of people are relating to you.

Insecurity. We all have it. Not one of us is completely secure with ourselves 'completely'.

You're beautiful, but you don't need me or anyone else to tell you that.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Each one of us holds features that are so different from one another; much like a snowflake.

It would be SO incredibly boring if everyone had the same body, the same skin tone, the same hair, ---wouldn't it?

Embrace your beauty, and realize that you don't need "HNT" to do it. (Not that I am downing HNT---just making a point!)

4:13 AM  
Blogger Butterfly said...

Wow, stunning. Love the softness in the pic.

Happy HNT!

4:17 AM  
Blogger Schadeboy said...

You are so right about so many things in this post. HNT has really boosted my ego. Not in that I feel better about how my body looks, but in that I get to show my creative side. I've created more photo chops in the past several months than I have in a long time. And the ability to allow my creativity to flow as it has taught me something about myself. I'm thankful for HNT in that regard.

And to have so many people tell me my work is cool and fun and entertaining really helps me to think that I'm cut out for this type of thing after all.

Happy HNT to you!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Very pretty. happy HNT!

3:44 PM  
Blogger ~art said...

very nice df

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home