Tuesday, December 20, 2005

blimey, jack

BLIMEY, JACK

Those painkillers are strong!

They floored me for a while there.

So it was lunchtime and I managed to make my way into the kitchen and boiled the kettle for my cup-a-soup and a drink. This is no easy feat, but with the aid of a complicated arrangement of dining room chairs I am able to stand at the worksurface now while the kettle boils, make myself a drink, and then slide it along the kitchen table. Once it is at the far end of the kitchen table I can reach it from my chair at the PC desk.

That's what I did at lunchtime - with the addition of a tuna sandwich (helpfully made by DH and left out for me) and a handful of painkillers - can't take the painkillers until I've eaten, you see.

So the painkillers were popped and instantly my body goes into complete tantrum! It's not seen a painkiller since at least 1996 so to suddenly be invaded by extra-strength-stop-a-dinosaur-in-it's-tracks chemicals must have been a wee bit of a shock to say the least!

Within half an hour of popping the pills, I was, as the post below testifies, somewhat woozy.

I'm sorry if I alarmed anyone with my comment about lying on the kitchen floor - my bed, and even the couch, seemed such a long way away at that moment in time. And I was a little worried about fainting on my crutches - that would have been a comedy moment!

But you'll be pleased to hear that I chose not to lie on the kitchen floor - one of my brain cells managed to remain sensible and recognised the glaringly obvious fact that once down there, I may never be able to get up again. So instead I crawled (still a bit worried about the fainting possibility) back into the lounge, up onto the couch and spent an hour drfiting in and out of a rather floaty drug-induced haze.

S called me at 2pm - thats her regular time for calling me because all her family have left for work by then and she has almost an hour before she has to leave. I think I rambled incoherently for a while, I know she laughed at my nonsensicle mutterings, particularly when I tried to say 'result' three times and each time got my tongue caught up on it.

S is having a hard time with my broken foot. More specifically, she is having a hard time with the fact that I've been pretty much left to get on with things by myself. And she's having a hard time with the fact that she wants to be here to look after me. I want her here to look after me. But that's impossible.

I asked Father Christmas to send her to me in my Christmas stocking. Actually, I'd like her sending to me in her Christmas stockings ... preferably just Christmas stockings.

Now that's one present I would just love to unwrap on Christmas morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sasha said...

df, love, just try to bear with the painkillers... it'll be over in no time i promise.

i'll add another prayer to that so you can get your christmas stockings... just the stockings. :)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

thank you df, for the hugs... my heart is still broken and i'm trying to cope with everyone's positive vibe..

7:53 AM  
Blogger Mermaid Girl said...

Wow...I know I have been in a self insulating fog for the past three weeks but look at what I missed!

You sure don't do things by halves darling girl...lol. If it's any consolation, I just spent a couple of weeks on crutches and I totally empathise just how freakin difficult they are to use! (I fell over using mine too!)

Just think how fabulous your arm muscles are going to be by the end of it :)

Hope you are feeling better sweetie.

Love & Kisses
Mermaid Girl

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home