Wednesday, December 07, 2005

dreaming

DREAMING

On Saturday morning I woke by myself. No children giggling at the bottom of the duvet, no trashy teenybop music blaring from their rooms. Just the quiet silence of waking naturally, slowly and peacefully.

I woke to a typical December morning, pale strips of light filtering through the curtains, my bedroom cloaked in muted shades of grey.

And as I lay there, surrendering to that beautiful limbo state, I turned my head and saw hers, lying on the pillow beside me.

Her hair, fanned out. Even the December half-light cannot mute the vibracy and shine of her hair. It fell in such a way that her neck was exposed to me, leading to the delicious slope of her shoulder.

Her face is turned away from me. I know she is still sleeping from the gentle rise and fall of her back and I long to waken her, to welcome her to the day.

My eyes follow the pale silhouette of her naked body. She has kicked off the duvet during the night and it lies rumpled just below her waist. I tremble inwardly at the sight of her tempting contours, the dip in her spine and swell of her hip.

Unable to help myself, I reach out and trace a delicate path from shoulder to waist, feeling tiny goosebumps spring up beneath my fingertips.

I long to kiss her velvet skin, work my way across every inch, every curve, until it is committed to memory.

Downstairs, the phone begins to ring, shrill and intrusive and I instinctively turn, startled from my reverie.

When I turn my head back, the bed at the side of me is empty.

The dream, for now, is over.

5 Comments:

Blogger ~art said...

DF i am leaving and just wanted to wish you and S all the best. I really hope everything works out for you ladies. ~art

8:17 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Dreams are all we have when reality isn't all that.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Sasha said...

ah.. df. you make me really hot! but i am soo in love with the way you write.. seriously. absolutely beautiful!

5:02 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Hold tight to your dreams, they can become reality!

2:57 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Wow, when I first started reading this, I was like, "WOW! They finally are together!"

This was a great post! Beautifully written.

I have similar dreams...but my girlfriend sleeping on the other side never knows... ;) Sshhh!

Thanks for the good read!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home