Saturday, December 10, 2005

the effect of music

THE EFFECT OF MUSIC

As I think I have mentioned before, love music. I adore it.

A couple of weeks ago, S and I were talking about Christmas, and Christmas music, and she told me that one of her favourite pieces of music for Christmas was Carol Of The Bells. I managed to download it - it's a piece I recognise as it was featured in one of the Home Alone films (which DD1 adores).

Anyway, I managed to find a couple of different versions of it, and something curious happened.

This first version, by the Viennese Boys Choir reminds me of mulled wine and twinkling lights.


Powered by Castpost

If S and I were together, and listening to this, we would have a roaring fire and probably be snuggled up on the couch together sleepily, just holding each other close. It's gentle, romantic and beautiful.

But then I found this version...


Powered by Castpost

Now this version has quite a different effect on me. It's raunchy, sexy and almost dirty. It makes me want to be breathless and naked with her.

I think I know which version I want to play on Christmas Eve......

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

That second version is amazing! Thanks for sharing your music finds!

1:56 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

*grrrr* i couldn't open castpost!

oh well, i'll have to check later. df, i wish you the very best this season... love ya hon!

12:06 PM  
Blogger ... said...

the raunchy version is a combination of "ring christmas bells" and "huron indian carol", which is a beautiful one that you might also like.

(the first two lines of these lyrics are what the cello is "singing" in the raunch version)

twas in the moon of wintertime
when all the birds had fled,
that mighty gitchi-manitou
sent angel choirs instead.
before their light,
the stars all dimmed
and wond'ring hunters heard this hymn,
"jesus, your king is born
jesus is born
in excelsis gloria.

pretty wicked arrangement. i'm not sure i could ever hump to an xmas carol but i see your point.

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard of the T-S Orchestra. They're supposed to put on an amazing show... and me too... loooove their version. Santa's Naughty helper?!

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home