Friday, December 16, 2005

good things come in threes

GOOD THINGS COME IN THREES

Well, we all know that bad things can come in threes, or is it me that is just superstitious about that?

But over the last two days I've had good things happen.

And it seems that they come in threes too!

1. DH is going away for 4 days. Granted, not until January, but he will be away for 4 days and believe me that is a good thing. Not least because it gives S and I the opportunity to spend some time together online or on the phone. And given that the Christmas holiday will be really hard for us as he will be home, and her family will be around, the fact that we can catch up together in the New Year is very very special. New Year is going to be very special anyway because it will be 2006 - the year that we will finally meet, touch, kiss, hold each other......you see where I am going with this, I imagine....

2. I got a new DVD/RW fitted on my PC. Free. And the nice man from the PC shop (who, incidentally, I went to school with but didn't know that it was his shop until this morning) actually came out to my house to fit it so that I didn't have to do battle with all the trillions of cables behind the PC and so that I didn't have to lug the tower in to the shop. Nice man. Although I still think of him as a weedy 13 year old. But anyway, my new gadget means that I can finally watch DVDs when I'm in the kitchen and it means I can finally burn some of the millions of photos on my PC onto disc. Oh and it was free because it's a fairly new PC - only got it over the summer - and the DVD/RW didn't work from day one. Just took me a long time to get around to telling them!

3. This is probably the best and most significant of all the good things that have happened. So it should, I suppose, be up at the top. But it was the last thing I found out about and as I've posted in chronological order..... Anyway, I'm rambling. So here it is - I GOT SOMEONE PREGNANT!! Well, not directly. Of course. Over the past few months a lovely lovely lovely lady has been coming to see me regularly. She, and her husband (I think that's bad grammar but can't fathom the correct grammar) have been going through the IVF process. They already had one failed attempt last year and she has lots of female things going on that radically reduced their chances of having a baby of their own. Anyway, without going into specifics, today I received a phone call telling me that she is pregnant!!!! I am so happy for them both, it is things like this that make my job so rewarding.

So there we have it, my happy news post - all I need now is for September to come around really really quickly.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Wenchy said...

Gotta love GOOD news!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Sasha said...

oh i am SO happy for you df! the dvd/rw rom sounds good, you helped a couple create a new life, and the grinch is going away! yay!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

That's wonderful news, DF...

So happy for you, hon.

La Minxxxxx

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home