Saturday, December 31, 2005

goodbye 2005, welcome 2006

GOODBYE 2005, WELCOME 2006

My darling ~S~ posted something similar on her blog a couple of days ago, and so as we say goodbye to 2005 and welcome in 2006, I thought I would do the same.

So here, for your perusal, are the 10 things I am looking forward to most in 2006.

1. The last conversation with ~S~ before she leaves her home for the airport.
2. Watching ~S~ walk across the arrivals lounge, knowing that we have two blissful weeks ahead of us.
3. Holding ~S~ for the first time.
4. Breathing in ~S~' scent for the first time.
5. Telling ~S~ that I love her, in person, for the first time.
6. Kissing ~S~ for the first time.
7. Making love with ~S~ for the first time.
8. Going to sleep at night with ~S~ at my side.
9. Waking up in the morning with ~S~ next to me.
10. All of the above, for the second, third, fourth, fifth.......time

Okay, so those are somewhat biased. And our relationship is so much more than physical. But you can forgive me for being somewhat preoccupied with our physical union. There are other things that I am looking forward to - some relate to ~S~ and some don't. Here they are.

1. Showing ~S~ the place where I live, taking her to places that I have spoken of and wanted to share with her for so long.
2.
3.
4. Going to see one of my favourite groups, The Waterboys, live, on 29th January.
5.
6. Getting fit and losing a little weight
7. Taking control of my personal finances, giving me the independance and the foundations that I need to start planning the rest of my life with ~S~

Only 7 on that list. But they are 7 important things.

Take some time today to think about what you are looking forward to in 2006. Things that you have control over. Things that you can achieve. Then do as I plan to do and slip a list of these things in your diary for 31st December 2006 - a whole year from now. So that when 2006 has slipped by, as it inevitably will, you can look back and reflect on your achievements for the year. You can look back and enjoy precious memories and see just how far you have travelled in that one short year.

I wish all of you a peaceful, prosperous, happy and healthy New Year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~S~ is going out tonight. She's celebrating New Year's Eve in one of the most fantastic places that I could ever imagine celebrating New Year's Eve. I'll let her tell you over on her blog where she is going.

I had a real punch-in-the-guts moment when she told me. Because I want to be celebrating New Year with her.

You see, Yule and Christmas have always been the big celebrations for me. New Year has always just passed by, pretty much un-noticed. I can't tell you the last time I went out on New Years Eve. So I had mentally prepared myself for being without ~S~ over Christmas, we knew it was going to be tough but we both gritted our teeth and got through it.

What I wasn't expecting, and was totally un-prepared for was that New Year would make me feel worse. So it was a real shock that I found myself fighting back tears.

I must just make it clear that I am actually really really happy that she is going out to celebrate New Years Eve properly. Like I mentioned, she's going to a fabulous place and I am sure she will have a wonderful time. I don't want her to not go.

But I was floored because suddenly, after all these years, New Year became hugely important to me. To us. Especially this New Year. It closes 2005 - the year I fell in love with her, and starts 2006 - the year we will finally meet in person. A never to be repeated New Year. A very special New Year.

14 Comments:

Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Those are all fantabulous things to look forward to. Wish time could be fast forwarded so we could hear about your time with ~S~. Then again, if that was a possibility ~S~ would already be there. :) Is it possible for you to talk to her at midnight?

What happened to your foot?

How old are DD1 and DD2?

4:16 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

bent fabric - We could really do with a way of fast-forwarding time to get ~S~ here with me, and then a way of slowing it down so that our two weeks seem like blissful eternity, and then a rewind button so we can relive the best bits - see where I'm going with this? *winks*

She's going to call me as close to my midnight as possible, given that she will be out having a wonderful time at her midnight. I leap on the phone whenever she calls!

As for the foot - I broke it two weeks ago. I fell on my drive and shattered my fifth meta-tarsel into five pieces. So my left leg is in plaster from toe to knee for probably another 4-6 weeks at least. I think I've escaped the need for surgery though - it was on the agenda at one point.

And the girls - they are 9 & 5 xx

4:42 PM  
Blogger jade said...

I too know this feeling of missing someone horribly on a holiday. We are jealous of the time that they are not with us, it's only intensified on holidays. It seems that when we fall in love, it wakes us up to each and every celebration all year long. The ones that were not important to us before suddenly become very important.

2006 holds such wonderful things for you, Deadly. I'm wishing you and S a Happy New Year. Cheers!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

jazzy - Thank you, and I hope 2006 does indeed hold wonderful things - I'm sure it does

7:10 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

Have a wonderful New Year. Yes, there is lots to look forward to! :)

9:08 PM  
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Wouldn't it be splendid if time could stand still.

Bummer about your foot. Owie!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

I will also wish to fast forward to Sept, and then ask time to stand still for 2wks.
Have a Happy New Year
The next one will be much better for you.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR

12:01 AM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

lecram sinum - A wonderful New Year to you too.

bent fabric - Just a bit of a bummer! But it will be healed by September, that's the main thing!

lea - I hope the next one is better for you too.

junebugg - And a Happy New Year!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

i am SO genuinely and excitedly happy for you both DF... and i want to hear all about the visit, ok?

Happy New Year love!!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

Dearest Deadly

Your resolutions are inspiring -- especially # 7 of the second list. I wish you all the luck, and strength and power to accomplsih all that you set out to achieve. And i'l;l be here to support you every step of the way.

Now i'm off to S's blog to wish her the same!

Happy New Year -- may it be a year of opportunity and excellence for all of us.

La Minxxxx

6:35 AM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

sasha - Oh don't worry, petal, you'll be amongst the first to hear about her visit! Happy New Year xx

evil minx - Miss Minxy, I'm s privileged to have your support - it means a great deal xx

8:43 AM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

...there's always New Year's '06 to look forward to... ;)

1:34 AM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

lil bit - Septemmber first though.....

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home