Wednesday, December 21, 2005

i'm plastered

I'M PLASTERED

Yippee!!!

I just got back from the hospital with a shiny green plaster cast from toe to knee - it is most attractive and adorned for the festive season with tiny pictures of Father Christmas and trees and snowflakes. Very pretty and very festive! Oh and the really lovely and very funny plaster nurse drew a smiley face on the bottom of my big toe because she had to sign her work!

The best news was that is doesn't need an operation to pin it. I was slightly perturbed (ooooh I like that word and may make more of an effort to use it more often in the future) to learn that the bit of bone between the ankle joint and the main break is actually in four pieces. But as it seems to be knitting together well, I'm not worrying.

And I got to ride a rather fantastic motorised scooter around the hospital, which was great fun!

It's aching a wee bit (well, more than a wee bit) now because of all the manipulation, but a few painkillers and a nice nap on the couch and all will once more be well with the world.

Now, before I forget, Yuletide Blessings to one and all. May the rebirth of the sun and the growing light bring you increased blessings and joy in the coming months. No ritual for me tonight, not a physical one anyway, but I will be spending some time in quiet reflection thanking my Goddess for the many blessings I have received this year.

I spoke, once again, to S this morning. I'm aching so badly for her I can't think straight. How long until September? That long? It's too long. All I can think about is touching her skin, kissing her lips, committing every inch of her body to memory. I need to get some of these thoughts out of my head and down onto paper (well, monitor, actually) because believe me, its not good to be so aroused on crutches....

4 Comments:

Blogger sands of time said...

Christmas Blessings to you too.Im sure once we travel into 2006 that the months will fly by so much quicker.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've just discovered you site and must say that I really enjoy your writing/post/thoughts or whatever you want to call them. Hope you don't mind, but I've added you to my blogroll.

3:17 PM  
Blogger CycleGuy said...

And Yuletide Blessings to you too DF.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

congratulations on your plaster.

Please get a big marker and write on it "Big kisses from the evil minx!"

I'd do it myself, but there are various factors that prevent it (like a big old expanse of sea for one thing!)

September will come, sooner than you think. I promise.

Love,

La Minxxxx

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home