Thursday, January 19, 2006

the gift

THE GIFT

Out of the darkness steps
my wild beauty.
Her loosened hair like flames
cascading down her back.
Her eyes like a clear winter's morn,
at once both loving and passionate.
Her tears pierce my heart;
her laughter fills my soul.
Before her I kneel,
both omnipotent and helpless.
She is my goddess,
I her faithful servant.
Through space and time
are our lives entwined.
Til time is no more.

~S~ wrote this for me, just a few short hours ago.

With her, I truly believe I am the beautiful person she sees. More than I ever thought myself capable of being. She gives me a gift more powerful than any I ever received before.

She gives me the gift of myself.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the best gift... sometimes we give away/lose so much of ourselves that we need to be reminded of who we are.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Minerva said...

How very very beautiful..

Minerva

12:15 AM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

AWESOME!!!

Shangie

3:28 AM  
Blogger DS Irvin said...

poetry is the threat that runs through the heart of humanity and stands as the last defense to the lover's claim that the unity between the hearts and minds and boddies of two people is what allowes individual souls to exist.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Thinking of you.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

You are truly beautiful, DF. Never forget that.

Minxxxxxxxx

12:55 PM  
Blogger Buttons said...

Thats so beautiful..I hope you believe in yourself as much as ~s~ does
xx

1:12 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

Ab fab! :)

4:24 PM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

What a beautiful gift!
What a lovely lil poet ~S~ is!
*hugs to you both*

8:57 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

It’s beautiful when the person you love makes you feel beautiful. It’s also beautiful when you ‘yourself’ can see the beauty within you. I’m having some dark days lately, so I am relying on my girlfriend to give me that ‘beautiful’ feeling.

You’re very fortunate to have a person who’s so loving!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Wow... I'm speechless. Yes, what she wrote is lovely, but what you wrote... genius.

12:22 AM  
Blogger CycleGuy said...

A beautiful poem to a beautiful person...

xxxooo

2:19 PM  
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

I love it! I'm always envious of people who are so poetic.

4:30 AM  
Blogger jade said...

This is the same thing I've experienced with my soul mate. I feel like a different person when I'm with him or just talking to him on the phone because he makes me feel desireable, beautiful, special ... all those things that I miss feeling when we are not together.

You expressed this feeling so well here.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home