Thursday, January 05, 2006

hnt - with a very special guest

HNT - WITH A VERY SPECIAL GUEST

I have to be honest, I wasn't going to participate this week. I had nothing prepared whatsoever and wasn't feeling the HNT inspiration vibes.

But in the early hours of the morning I received a message on my phone from someone just desperate to be my HNT for the week.

So what else could I do but accept?? *laughs*

Now she could quite easily post this on her blog but I don't think she'll be a regular HNT participant and she'll just have the occasional guest spot on mine. That, of course, is perfectly fine by me!

There's a story behind this particular shot...

I'm a huge fan of all things tacky and over the top at Christmas. ~S~ wasn't really a huge fan of Christmas at all. So in her box of Christmas presents, I slipped in two pre-Christmas presents for her. One was a Ronnie The Reindeer chocolate lollipop from Thorntons (mmmmm). The other was the most deliciously horrible Christmas earrings ever.

I wouldn't wear them if you paid me.

Well maybe I would for a million pounds or something - I can be bought like everyone else!

But the remit with these earrings was that she had to wear them to work. I knew this would be a phenomenal task and would really test the depth of her love for me.

In the end, however, she was spared the humiliation because the parcel didn't arrive until Christmas Eve, but I'm glad to announce that the Christmas Earrings have had their maiden voyage.

Here, HNTers of the world, for your delight and delectation, I give you....

Tacky Christmas!


Not forgetting, of course, the very delicious ear that they are attatched to....

Happy HNT everyone, please feel free to leave me some love here but if you are feeling generous I think you should slip on over and leave some love with ~S~ too - then maybe we can encourage her to play more...

17 Comments:

Blogger jade said...

ha ha! I actually think the earring is kinda cute - in a tacky sort of way.

Her ear, however, is lovely!

Happy HNT!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

LOL, adorable!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That's awesome. Happy HNT!

10:47 AM  
Blogger natty68 said...

Hapy HNT,

sheesh is it really HNT day already...ack!!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

Cute earlobes, S... you're pretty...

Minxxxx

11:20 AM  
Blogger lime said...

LOL, love it! happy HNT!

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love hangin with Santa

1:01 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL I love those ear rings!!! I want a pair for next year...hehe

1:37 PM  
Blogger CycleGuy said...

You are so wicked testing her that way,
LOL
They are cute though, in a tacky and a lot of booze sort of way!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Sasha said...

oh i just love the earring!!! if you'd sent me those i'd have worn them to work everyday til christmas, i swear. :)

and i love how i'm "Petal" on your blogroll... i just love it! df, you are just so wonderful, S is so lucky to have you...!

1:50 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

That's great!

Happy HNT.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

Cuuuute, DF ... and cute story to go along w/it. Y'all are just so damn CUTE! *hugs*
Happy HNT, rosebud. =)
ps Hopping over to visit ~S~ now.

4:09 PM  
Blogger MamaKBear said...

Awwww I think the earrings are CUTE! I'd wear them, but just for Christmas! :)

Cool pic! Happy HNT! :)

5:40 PM  
Blogger Just Brian said...

YOur pic made me smile. HHNT

8:15 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

HHNT!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

They're not tacky if she wears them at Christmas time. Christmas is a good excuse to be wacky. Wearing them at any other time of the year is another story. hehe

2:01 AM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

I actually like those earrings!

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home