Tuesday, January 24, 2006

in a....

IN A.....

I think the word you use is funk.

Otherwise known as low, miserable, fed-up, hormonal and just sad.

I couldn't tell you exactly why I'm in this funk. ~S~ thinks it is mainly hormonal and to be fair she is probably right.

But I'm so fed up today that I ate crap food - prawn cocktail crisps and Cadburys Creme Eggs. And then a hot cross bun. Then I felt fed up because I had eaten crap. So what did I do then? Why, I topped it off with a chicken curry for dinner, of course. I'm nothing if not illogical.

So, funky is as funky does today.

I watched a film last night that I wouldn't normally have watched in a million years. Kill Bill Volume 2. I thought I would hate it, it's the kind of film I normally avoid like the plague. I was shocked to find myself enjoying it. Not shocked at the film (although it is pretty brutal). Shocked at myself. I don't think I like what it says about me, enjoying such a gratuitous film. I shouldn't read so much into this, it's only a film after all. Maybe I'll watch Annie tonight, just to balance things out a little.

I'm getting a little reclusive lately and that is bothering me. It's not as if I can get out much but I've had an invitation to go to a good friends on Saturday and I'm already beginning to think up excuses for not going. That isn't very good.

And on Sunday I have tickets to see one of my favourite bands ever. But I'm thinking of not going. That really is not good. I've had the tickets since last August. I'm going with two fantastic friends. They want to make a day of it - well the venue is a fair distance away so we would have to set off several hours before anyway. But they want to go earlier than that so that we can have lunch and a few drinks and then go on to see the band. I'm not up for that. I'd rather stay home and have a cup of tea. Except that I don't drink tea so that's not much of an alternative.

*sigh*

You just have to hate hormones, don't you?

All I want to do is curl up on the couch with ~S~ holding me tight and sleep until equilibrium is restored.

Anyone got any chocolate?

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dammit i'm craving creme eggs now! nearest shop is 30 miles away...harrumpphh....will have to make do with a mug of hot choc instead :o)

MagickRat x.

9:17 PM  
Blogger ~art said...

Sorry no chocolate D; hang in there

9:19 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

MagickRat - I'm always craving Cadburys Creme Eggs, from the moment they hit the shops. I think it's that whole limited period of time thing, it makes them even more desireable to me. I did resist the urge to buy 4 for a pound though which does demonstrate willpower...

Art - Glad to see you again xx

9:40 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

Forget the chocolate, forget the movies, just let me curl up on the couch with my ~S~, and it takes away the funk! WEG

9:57 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

I do have some chocolate... but it's tough to email. Hope you're feeling sprity again soon.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

Chocolate is on it's way. Check your email.

And go see that band... you know damn well how much you'll end up regretting it if you don't.

Wow, i'm bossy. Sorry DF!!

You know it's only because i care..

Minxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10:56 PM  
Blogger Fish said...

sorry, I'm a chap so I don't know anything about hormones (!), but that seems like a perfectly reasonable diet to me...

am I mising the point?

11:42 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Girl said...

Oh god DF...Cadbury creme eggs are my absolute favourite...have you ever tried freezing them? They take that little bit longer to eat, thus stretching out the pleasure...lol...yeah yeah I know...but creme eggs!!!

Smooches
MG

11:55 PM  
Blogger Minerva said...

I am MAD about creme eggs too...and those boxes of 12 are wicked...absolutely wicked...I like them in the fridge but not frozen....

Mmmmm...wonder if I have any in...

Oh, and huge hugs to you DF - stop beating yourself up and just go with your feelings...but go to the band..Sometimes, when one is feeling down, the best thing to do is the opposite of what you think you want to do, if that makes sense..and then you end up enjoying it...

Honest, - talking as one who has just recently (!) been there,

Minerva

12:22 AM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

We have a new box of chocolate Zingers that we would be happy to share with you!

Hope you are better soon.

Hugs,

Shelly

1:29 AM  
Blogger CycleGuy said...

Mmm... Cadbury Creme Eggs... My mouth is watering. I think I'll get some tomorrow!
It won't be long that you'll be able to curl up with ~S~. Patience!
xxxooo

2:35 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I wonder if you understand how it feels to be an extrovert who is also a recluse?

That sums me up anyhow.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Sapphire said...

Baby, you are going on Sunday and that's final. Maybe C and B would consider a compromise since you're in a cast and not very mobile at the moment. You are going to that concert though.

The rest is just hormones and we ALL eat crap when we're hormonal.

I love you baby and like CG said, you'll be in my arms soon enough.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

lea - What does WEG mean?? And Yes, curling up with my ~S~ on the couch is far better than chocolate could ever be...

lecram - We need one of those machines like in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! Now wouldn't that be good! I'm sure normal spirit will be restored soon, I try not to give in to these funks

minx - mmmmmmmmm I got it! Thank you sweetie! And as much as I'm feeling like not going I know my friends will drag me there if they have to.

fish - As a man, you should just take a couple of tips - when a woman is in a hormone-induced funk you should NEVER tell her that it is because of her hormones! Just supply chocolate and dispense soothing tones accordingly. I'm so laughing at you missing the point because you have a point with that alone!

MG - I'm trying not to give in and buy more but when I do (notice the use of 'when' not 'if' I will definitely try freezing them. Pleasure delay....

minerva - A box of 12 would be a dangerous thing in this house! It certainly wouldn't need an 'eat by' date, let's put it that way. And I know you are so right.

shelly - Zingers??? I don't think I know Zingers? Can it be there is a form of chocolate that I haven't yet discovered??

CG - Let me live vicariously through you please, post a detailed description of how you eat yours...

robin - Contradiction in terms but I think it sums me up perfectly as well. I understand completely.

~S~ - Ah my sexy wench, you always know how to bring me out of myself

rose - Chocolate is chocolate is chocolate. I like to kid myself that I'm a chocolate snob when in fact I am totally non-discriminatory and any chocolate will do. Just so long as it isn't white.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

rose - You made me giggle then! I love Lindt too though......

angel girl - Doesn't it just...

11:56 AM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Awww sorry you are feeling blue DF. My chocolate fix is the Russell Stover coconut creme eggs. Pure junk but oh so good! Please do go with your friends this week-end. I find if I am dreading something and make myself do it I have a MUCH better time. Peace & Blessings to you

1:07 PM  
Blogger Fish said...

thank you, just another reason I live alone!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

Girrrrrrl - I hear ya! It's PMS. Here. *lends you some funky tunes to dance to* They helped me. Best after a couple of glasses of wine. *ting! & hugs*

6:45 PM  
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Can't give you chocolate, but I can give you hugs. Virtual ones anyway.

xxxx

2:13 AM  
Blogger Francesca said...

I hope u r better soon. I kinda know how you feel....and i won't begin to tell you what i have eaten over the past 3 and a half days!!!...plus i've not done ANY exercising...

Hormones are a bitch!!!...and right now, so am I!!!!

Hugs to ya!

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home