Sunday, February 12, 2006

exciting secrets.....

EXCITING SECRETS.....

I've been somewhere today with the eldest child and I am sooooo excited! I wish I could tell you but it would be far too easy to identify me if (and I know it's a big if) anyone was passing through that knows me in real life. But I'm excited, the child is excited and the next couple of months are going to get more and more exciting for it.

And I told one of my closest friends about ~S~ coming over in September. I was oh-so-casual - she too knows that ~S~ exists and that we are 'close'. So it seemed perfectly natural to tell her that ~S~ will be visiting for a couple of weeks. She was happy and said it would be lovely. Oh yes, it will be lovely. More than lovely. Off the scale more than lovely.

Contrary to popular expectations, I didn't have a hangover on Saturday morning - in the end I only drank one glass of wine but that was enough for me to be 'toasted', as ~S~ said when she called me. She called me around 1am maybe 2am (I can't recall....) By that time I was curled up sleeping on the couch, snuggled under a furry throw. I talked nonsense to her, giggled when she said I was toasted and decided that I quite liked being toast just as long as I could have butter and jam. Toasted isn't a phrase I was familiar with but I like it - it's kind of cute. I shivered a lot while we talked - it was minus something dreadful outside and very very cold - so in the end ~S~ insisted I go to bed. My teeth chattered for ages - its hard having a meaningful conversation when your teeth are chattering. And being toasted is a bit of a disadvantage too! So, darling ~S~, I'm so sorry I subjected you to such mindless babble! Keep me away from the wine in future...

9 Comments:

Blogger EE said...

I'm thrilled for you for September to come! You must be *so* incredibly excited.....

3:22 PM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

Not at all. Not mindless. Good fun, a laugh... with you, of course, not at you, heaven forbid.

And wrap up warm, please! You need double pneumonia like a hole in the head!

Mwah!

Minxy xxxxxxxxx

4:01 PM  
Blogger Buttons said...

Im excited about the child thing!..I dont know what it could be but goodluck/congrats!..whichever applies :)

4:02 PM  
Blogger MamaKBear said...

It's fun to get toasted now and then! You weren't hurting anybody, and I'll bet you were more relaxed than you've been in quite awhile. :)

Enjoy whatever it is you are doing with your eldest, and remember, September will be here before you know it!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

You 'read' so happy! :)

10:07 PM  
Blogger Fish said...

it's Sunday night, and I'm off to sleep with a big silly grin now, thank you!

11:08 PM  
Blogger jade said...

Toasted off one glass?! You are a light-weight girl! hee hee

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were cute!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

"Toasted" is new to ya, eh?
Well, I must say... all these Brit-isms you throw around on here (saw quite a few in the drunken post) crack my ass UP!!

..... excited for the kids. I'm curious as hell to know the great things that are happening there, but TOTALLY understand why you don't want to blog about it.
I'm bloganoidish like that, too. ;)

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home