Wednesday, February 08, 2006

guilty pleasures

GUILTY PLEASURES

Today it was sleep.

~S~ called me. I laughed when I realise how much I am a creature of habit. I always sit in front of the PC when I am waiting for her to call. And then when she does call I always say exactly the same thing to her, every single morning, and always with the biggest smile on my face. It isn't something I'd even realised that I did until this morning.

As I'm talking to her, I get up from the PC and wander through to the lounge to settle down on the couch while we chat. We chat for a little while. Okay then, make that more like an hour. And I look at the clock and realise that she will have to go soon to get just a bit more sleep before she gets up for work.

So I get up from the couch and wander upstairs, lie down on my bed and imagine I am lying next to her. Eventually we say our goodbyes.

And then I'm asleep, with her. In a place that knows no name. A place of our own creation.

When I finally waken, with a start, it's 12.30pm and I've been lost in slumber for 2 hours.

What a deliciously guilty pleasure.

10 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Sounds very pleasant and peaceful. You are very very lucky to have found true love!

1:52 PM  
Blogger EE said...

Sounds heavenly.........

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Fish said...

sweet dreams

5:17 PM  
Blogger Buttons said...

sounds truely indulgent

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sleep of bliss, the best sleep

8:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm acreature of habit, too, particularly when it comes to guilty pleasures such as the one you describe!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

Ohh..such pleasures to enjoy!! :-)

2:32 AM  
Blogger Sapphire said...

What she neglected to tell any of you is that she's a blanket hog! :oP

Of course the quickest cure for that would be to put ice cold body parts against her warm ones. *laughs*

3:29 AM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

ahhhh... *sweet dreams* =)

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home