Monday, February 13, 2006

progress

PROGRESS

I've been for a walk!!!

I know, such a trivial thing, but it's a big thing to me!

When I'm pottering around the house I'm pretty much okay now - I can't do stairs properly yet and until I can do stairs properly I can't think about driving, but other than that I cope fine around the house. I'm still using support bandages and probably will be for a while yet.

I've been out twice over the weekend, still taking my crutches with me though.

But today I have a devil-may-care attitude and I decided to try and go out for a walk, minus the crutches. I planned it in my head, there's a little circuit that I can do which I reckoned would take me maybe fifteen minutes at a slow pace - seeing as all I can do is a slow pace. So off I went.

I've discovered that uphill is a little problematic, as is any area where the ground is uneven or has a sideways slope. Downhill is fine. Yes, admittedly there was some pain but it was bearable.

But I'm back and it took me only eleven minutes.

So I'm going to try and do this every day and see how I get on, there's a couple of other routes I can walk as well to build things up slowly and gradually until I get back to normal. I'm on my way!

17 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

You have the right attitude!!! A little walking will surely help you heal quicker, provided you dont over do it and hurt yourself!! Good for you. You seem like such a strong woman in a lot of ways. :)

12:50 PM  
Blogger EE said...

Good for you!!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Fish said...

no can kicking!!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Sapphire said...

I'm so proud of you baby!!!

xxx

3:26 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Go to it girlfriend! I broke my leg 8 years ago and it was hard to move around after I got the cast off but I MADE myself do it and I think it helped in the healing process. Sending healing & soothing & steadying vibes to you DF

4:17 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

aw...you poor girl. I hope it is better soon.

Shelly

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! go you!

6:13 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

You would totally love Fresno for walks... it's flat! LOL! Keep the walking up... it will help with a speedy recvovery to normalcy!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I can truly appreciate this, because my husband wants so badly to just be able to take a short walk right now.

Congratulations, dear one.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

chelle - I'm getting stronger by the day - in lots of ways...

ee - Thanks!

fish - *laughs* As if!!!!

~S~ - I love you, baby xxx

patti - Thanks for the vibes!

shelly - I'm getting there!

kel - That's the tricky part, not overdoing it...

firetiger - I am!

lecram - That's what I need - flat surfaces!

funkyb - I hope his walk comes sooner rather than later xx

10:27 PM  
Blogger Minerva said...

Brave girl...Did you read my post about a weekend away? I was in your part of the country...

Minerva

11:58 PM  
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Great job! That's all you have to do - take it one step at a time.

xx

1:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

good on you! At least now you wont go stir crazy stuck in the house all the time.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! This is very exciting! It is the little things that count.

xxx

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me! Sorry.

xxx

8:10 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

YAY for walking! You're well on your way to recovery. That's excellent news.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

Yay! Walking w/o the crutches... she's on her way to a full recovery. woo hoo! =)

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home