Tuesday, February 07, 2006

tag number two

TAG NUMBER TWO

Thanks to Southern Belle for this one.....

Four movies you would watch over and over:

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Bad Boys/Bad Boys II
The Count of Monte Cristo
City Of Angels

Four places you have lived:
Not terribly exciting....
lived in four houses....
all within a 5 mile radius....
of the place I was born.

Four TV shows you love to watch:
Strictly Come Dancing (please come back - I miss you!)
Dancing On Ice (have to get my fix of rhinestones somewhere)
Nighty Night (so very twisted and yet I laugh like nothing on earth at this)
CSI (new convert, thanks to ~S~)

Four places you have been on vacation:
Cornwall
Balearic Islands
Scotland
Barcelona

Four websites you visit daily:
~S~
everyone on my blogroll - honest!
that's about it
really

Four of your favorite foods:
Chocolate (so predictable)
Bread (I'm a simple girl at heart - any bread will do but preferably fresh whole granary bread)
Cheese (A nice strong piece of mature Cheddar or a nice tangy Cheshire please - to go with the bread)
Almonds (mix with the chocolate and I am in heaven)

Four places you would rather be right now:
The obvious answer to this is with ~S~. Just assume that for all of the following she is with me...
In bed
In a Lush bath
Ireland

Three bloggers you are tagging:
The lovely Minx
The adorable patti-cake
The fiesty firetiger

Get to it, ladies.

I think I'm a little run down at the moment - I woke up this morning to discover the beginnings of a very ugly and very painful coldsore on my lower lip. Yuk. I haven't had a coldsore for years and years. To be honest, it's beyond me how I'm run down. I mean, it's not like I've been going anywhere or doing very much is it? I suppose that my body has been preoccupied with foot-healing, that's the only explanation I can think of. Anyway, I'll fish out the tea tree oil and slap some of that on it - it should do the trick.

On the foot front, things are mixed. I've been using my crutches again - admittedly not as much as I should but I have had to use them quite often. There's also been quite a lot of pain. The sort of pain that suddenly stops me in my tracks and makes me shout 'fuck' very loudly. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, so I'm just going to keep an eye on things. I was hoping to be thinking about driving maybe next week but there's still a complete lack of flexibility in my ankle so that puts a delay on things.

On the home front things are relatively calm. DH has been almost reasonable, he goes away again on Thursday (I think) as crazy season starts for him. I think he's looking forward to it. There's a lot of unspoken tension between us right now.

There's a lot of stuff happening with the children too. I wish I could blog about it but it would give far too much of my identity away. I had a good old rant to ~S~ about some of it on Sunday night, it felt good to air it. It's not all rant stuff though - there's actually some pretty exciting things happening right now with my offspring - pretty major stuff. Maybe I need somewhere I can password protect and then I can share some of this stuff with those of you that I have come to know and trust. I don't know. It's frustrating because this will take up a lot of my life for at least another two months and I can't talk about it.

I'm working today - from home - that's good. I've had a spate of phone calls and enquiries over the last couple of weeks which has resulted in several appointments. I'm glad to be working a little again, I miss it when I don't. So today I have an appointment scheduled for 2pm for an hour. And on Thursday I have three appointments scheduled. I love my work. It's a shame it has no consistency or reliability but I do seriously love it.

Right, I've been pottering long enough now. I've just had a wonderful conversation with ~S~ on the phone, sometimes we can just talk and talk and talk and say nothing and everything all at the same time. Funny how my heart still does a flip when the phone rings and I know it's her at the other end. And how it still drops when we say goodbye. September getting ever closer though, 7 months and 5 days.......

13 Comments:

Blogger Deadly Female said...

rose - That's the ironic thing though, isn't it? The stuff you read here is, truthfully, my secret life. It's the life that no-one that has met me in the flesh knows of. But strangely it is the life that is so much more real to me. It's the real life stuff that everyone in my real life knows about that I'm wanting to hide....

12:38 PM  
Blogger Fish said...

Cheshire cheese, mmmm, or a piece of Wensleydale (now I sound like Wallace?).

Speaking of cats (?), have you read Old Possum's book of practical cats - "a cat must have three different names!". A family name, a fancy name and "a deep and inscrutable singular name". A little like the facets of ourselves that we show to the world?

What do you do by the way? Okay, I'm being a lazy Johnny come lately, I'm sure it's on your blog somewhere if I just go and look....

2:40 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

fish - Laughing at Wallace! I almost out Wensleydale actually but decided not to because of the Wallace connection! And no, I haven't read that book - but were we talking of cats??

As for my job - nope, it's not on my blog as it would be entirely too easy to identify me from it. I'll email you with the closely guarded secret...

3:51 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Have you tried Abreva for the coldsore or maybe they don't have it in England? I'm off to make good on that tag! Thanks DF

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, now i'm intrigued to know what your job is lol. September will be here before you know it! And could you tell ~S~] that she is welcome to blogroll me? She has anonymous comments turned off so I can't leave it at her blog. Thank you x

4:44 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

patti - I don't think we have that here? We have something called Zovirax but I usually just use tea tree oil. I'll look out for it though.

firetiger - *laughs* I like to try and retain an air of mystery - in reality I'm a traffic warden. Nope, only joking - I really am NOT a traffic warden, I'm not strict enough by half! And I will certainly pass the message on to ~S~ although she will probably read it here herself very soon

4:53 PM  
Blogger EE said...

I *love* the movie City of Angels....all time favorite movie and I still cry everytime I watch it.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I hope that you feel a bit better today. I know all too well about those 'down days'. Hang in there and look forward to September!!!!

{{{{hugs}}}}

7:41 PM  
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

I don't like mysteries, which is why I'm wicked curious about your job.

City of Angels rock!

xoxo

8:53 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Hey. I love CSI, Bad Boys and The Count of Monte Christo.... and I would LOVE to visit Scotland... even though the x-idiot is from Edinburgh.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Buttons said...

Password protected with chosen posts id great I think. Just like Ratty has it. Thats how Id have it if I could too

1:34 PM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

I wish your cold sore better. My son calls the "coleslaws".

And YES! to Strictly Come Dancing and Nighty Night.

Off to meme now... *salutes very badly, much like Benny Hill*

5:31 PM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

You visit everyone on your blogroll every day? For real?
Jeez! How the HELL do you do it?
I can't seem to find enough hours in the day to do what I NEED to do... what I'm SUPPOSE to do... what I HAVE to do... blah blah blah.... let alone what I WANT to do.
Damn, DF ... *hands you a rose*

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home