Saturday, March 04, 2006

sorry sorry sorry

SORRY SORRY SORRY

Everyday life and survival has taken precendence over the last week or so and I've neglected both my blog and all of your blogs. So sorry.

As you may now know, particularly if you have been over to her blog, ~S~ is okay. Her car is a bit of a mess but still driveable but most importantly she is fine, apart from being very shaken. I just hit panic mode when she called me and went into meltdown.

Eldest child is now well again, back at school and eating properly once more. That's also a big relief.

DH came home on Wednesday night. he definitely knows that all is not well between us (no shit, Sherlock!) and is alternating between trying to be nice and being a mean ******** Oh and he throws in the occasional grope too.

I went to see a solicitor on Thursday. It was very very hard having the bare facts laid out, all emotion stripped away. But I know where I stand financially and also on what grounds the divorce would have to proceed. That at least is something. However, I am going to consult with a couple of other solicitors before I make a decision regarding who will represent me. The one I saw on Thursday, whilst very nice was also very young and I have since learned that she has only recently qualified. I don't doubt her ability to do her job but I feel I would prefer someone with a little more specific family law experience.

I also spoke again with my mum, who is now being much more supportive. Still practical - she will never be the cuddly mumsy type but she is at least coming round now. The friends I have around here have also been wonderful - constant phone calls and offers of support. I'm so touched by everything everyone has done.

On the work front things are also looking positive. I spoke with the owner of one of the clinics I work in, and briefly told her what was happening and that I would probably have to give my notice at the clinic so that I could get a 9-5 job with a guaranteed income. Basically she has offered to do anything she can in order for me to stay - she will increase the hours I am available and is more than confident that she has a large enough client base to keep me busy. In fact, for the past two years she has been begging me for more hours. Financially this is also much better for me - I can earn more doing this than I ever could in any other job.

Now it's just a waiting game - I can't say anything to him until after Easter. There are very good and sound reasons for this. So in the meantime I just have to hold strong and keep making my plans.

Oh and next week I promise to try and get round to see you all.

10 Comments:

Blogger Buttons said...

Your sounding very positive today :)
I know how hard it it but i know you can do it
take care of yourself in all this tho yes? ...not just worrying about others

c

1:10 PM  
Blogger Sapphire said...

I agree with TigerLilly baby. Take care of yourself too.

I love you

xxx

2:00 PM  
Blogger MamaKBear said...

So, I'm guessing a "solicitor" is the England equivalent of a "lawyer". Good for you! I'm glad to see your determination and confidence, and I'm glad you have friends close by for support.

Also very happy your eldest is better! :) Keep doing what you gotta do, and like ~S~ and tigerlilly said, remember to take care of you.

5:33 PM  
Blogger bee said...

i agree with everyone! it's nice to see that things are working out, slowly and surely.
yay, deadly!

6:06 PM  
Blogger moonwhispers said...

Keep on keeping on hon.
You are strong, you will persevere.

take care of you, very good care.
you deserve it.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great to have you back! xx

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there and stay strong! Things are looking up and will continue to get better from here! Best wishes and hugs to you both! -x-

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sounded much better at lunch time! See... ups and downs. You will get there.

xxx

2:31 AM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

*wipes brow* phew!
Soooooooo glad to catch up to some things looking up here.
Keep the positive outlook, girl! =)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

Looking up!

Stay safe x

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home