Wednesday, April 26, 2006

lonely

LONELY

~S~ starts a new job tomorrow. It's only temporary, for a couple of weeks, but it's unlikely that she will have the freedom or ability to stay in touch with me during her working day. Up to now, we've been spoilt with that freedom and it is hard knowing that we have to be apart.

Adding to this is the fact that I'm also back at work tomorrow - and I have to leave straight after the school run which means we have to go without our regular early morning phone call.

I know, September is just around the corner. I know we can make it through this again - we've dealt with worse things before. I just struggle when we have to be apart.

She sent me a long message to my phone the other night, I awoke to find it. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it....

DF, I love you so much. No one has ever sacrificed as much for me as you do everyday. You make me want to be a better woman and with you I can. I am. So much of my life has changed because of the simplest, yet most profound thing: your unconditional love. Just typing out these words has brought tears to my eyes. I don't have much in this life but all that I do have, I lay at your feet. And you have the deepest part of my heart and soul. I love you forever xxx

So powerful.....

11 Comments:

Blogger EE said...

Hang in there DF. I can't even imagine what it must be like. I know when I used to go a day w/o talking to "her" it ate away at me.

***Hugs*** Keep thinking of September. :)

2:22 AM  
Blogger Sapphire said...

I love you angel. xxx

4:11 AM  
Blogger poet said...

such love, tears sprang to my eyes reading the post. you are gonna make it. i just know it. do take care..

5:39 AM  
Blogger ~art said...

You two are going to make it just fine. I know being apart is rough as I was doing the long distance thing with JP at first for months although we did get to see each other once or twice a month for a day or two. Hang in there. peace~art

1:20 PM  
Blogger ~art said...

I know you two will make it just fine. It's not easy being away from someone you care so much about but you can do it. Hang in there. peace~art

1:24 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

OMG, that is the sweetest thing, and made me tear up! Your life together is going to be amazing!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Hang in there honey you can do it! You both can!

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!

why is it when hubby texts me all he says is 'can you get some pringles while you're in town?' - lol

hugs xx

6:36 PM  
Blogger Sapphire said...

He's a MAN Zoe and men don't have imaginations....

x

11:39 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I would love to wake up to something as beautiful as that.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

ah, you'll be ok, but it does suck when you've been spoiled by regular communication. soldier boy and i got used to talking every day, and then for a week it was very sparing. it's tough and i hated it. you'll make it, though. these situations make us become even more creative in expressing our love for each other. it's actually nice to be opening up some new dimensions. i'm on pins and needles waiting for September, too!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home