Saturday, May 20, 2006

fingers, toes and all flexible body parts

FINGERS, TOES AND ALL FLEXIBLE BODY PARTS

Please cross them for me!

We signed off the house details on Friday lunchtime, it went in the window at the Estate Agents this morning at 9am.

At 12.30pm I received a call from Estate Agents requesting a viewing.

Viewing has just taken place.

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up.

They were a young couple, first-time buyers so no chain to do battle with. No children yet, but planning a family in the future and looking for a home that will be their family home. They love the area. They've had one house fall through and so now 'know what they want' and are only viewing 'the good ones'. This house was on the good list.

They were here for almost half an hour - and although it's a big house it isn't a mansion either. Gave them the guided tour and then they asked if they could have a wander by themselves. I think that's a good sign. I overheard them planning where study furniture would go, and then comparing the size of the kitchen to the house they lost (my kitchen is bigger!!) All the signs, so far, seem favourable but I must not get my hopes up, it's only early days and they are the first viewers - it would be almost too good to be true if they made an offer.

But I did call the agents about the property I'm still in love with - and it's still available.

As I said, fingers, toes and all flexible body parts crossed.....

24 Comments:

Blogger jade said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, too.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Minerva said...

And mine too darling...mine too..

1:18 AM  
Blogger BAB said...

Just read a few of your posts and felt I needed to comment because some of the things you have written is what I have never been able to put into words quite so well.

I admire you for following your heart.. hope it all turns out well.

Donna.

1:30 AM  
Blogger I'm not here. said...

Consider them crossed.
:o)

2:19 AM  
Blogger CycleGuy said...

I've got everything crossed... Well, except that. It just wants to stay straight!
Sending positive vibes your way.

xxxooo

2:34 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Everything's crossed! Please let us know immediately what news you find, so that I can uncross everything. It ain't so comfy like this, you know.... :)

Good luck, darling!

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh DF I am crossing everything for you.
xx

7:57 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

My word, that didn't take long did it?? Your home is obviously going to generate a lot of interest even if this couple don't decide to take it. But they do sound VERY interested don't they.

As far as crossing everything is concerned for you, consider it done.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Here's hoping it all turn out wonderfully!

12:45 PM  
Blogger poet said...

sending crossed parts across the pond.best of luck. i agree that all the signs are there, but i also figure not to count the chicks until they've hatched. have a good weekend.

2:47 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

all fingers and toes and limbs (where possible) are crossed. :)

5:45 PM  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

Your letter is "U"! :)

7:33 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

I've got everything crossed for you!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

ohhh I'm crossing my fingers and toes...and everything else for you!! Good luck and I hope everything will work out with the sale!!! :)

8:52 PM  
Blogger thordora said...

It's like Xmas, all the waiting!

10:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

that is so great...crossing all of it for you;)

Good luck!

shelly

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got fingers and toes most definitely crossed for you! I am sorry I have not been around, and now I am trying to play catch up!

There is nothing more that I can offer that mostly everyone else has, other than I admire the strength you have mustered. The sun will shine greatly on you some day.. and things will seem so much easier!

You are much loved!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

I've crossed everything honey!

Oh I'm so happy for you!... :)

10:16 AM  
Blogger ~art said...

good luck!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Fish said...

I shall cross the dog's toes for you

3:43 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

Everything crossed!!! X

7:05 PM  
Blogger EE said...

Fingers crossed!!!!! Keep us posted!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Keeping my fingers, toes and other crossable body parts for you. :)

9:01 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

I hate waiting, and I always get my hopes up! Good luck sweetie!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home