Monday, May 22, 2006

ten

TEN

Ten glorious months.

That's how long ~S~ and I have been together now. It feels like an instant and a lifetime, all at once. Like I've known her forever and yet still have so much left to discover.

Neither of us could have predicted the way things have developed between us. When we first acknowledged our feelings, and first talked about meeting, we didn't think it would happen until 2009. That was 4 years away at the time.

Yet here we are, 112 days from being together properly. Almost three weeks of her being physically here with me. Such bliss.

As things grew between us, we talked about the possibility of her moving over here. It seemed so impossible, light years away. I anticipated that the children would be moving into adulthood before it even became a possibility. There are many hurdles for us to cross, but we both know that she will move over here in the next couple of years. With the change in laws over here, it will even be possible for us to be legally married. Okay so the correct term is a civil partnership rather than a marriage, but it means the same thing. That will be a party - and we will, without a doubt, extend an invitation to anyone who wishes to make the journey to see us. That's still a long way ahead of us, but it's in sight.

Seemingly impossible, but we get closer every day. She's on my mind from the moment I wake until the second sleep overtakes me.

She sent me this today.....


I stand before you

stripped of everything

my soul laid bare to you

and only you.

I hold nothing back

in my love for you

in my desire for you

in my need of you.

When we are together

our bodies entwined

we are two halves of the same whole.

My breath is your breath

your heartbeat my heartbeat.

We glide through the ocean

that is our passion,

letting it carry toward the horizon.

I hold nothing back

in my love for you

in my desire for you

in my need of you.

Within you I find strength

to be everything

and yet nothing.

Time stands still with you.

And I hold nothing back.

20 Comments:

Blogger jade said...

Beautiful.

10:30 PM  
Blogger ~art said...

very pretty. did S write that?

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you'll reserve an invitation for me! Hugs to you both!!!!

1:41 AM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

Yes, ~S~ wrote that. She's good, isn't she?

8:38 AM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

How beautifully poetic and evocative. I'm so happy for you both.

All love
Minxy

8:48 AM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

Wonderful!

9:26 AM  
Blogger EE said...

I *love* what ~S~ wrote...very beautiful.

12:28 PM  
Blogger poet said...

no words can convey my thoughts at the moment. what ~s~ wrote is simply beautiful, she adores you and adore is about the strongest word i can find. such love expressed across the miles between you both. wonderful. i'm happy for you both, df & ~s~. take care and it is nice to see posts. soon, you will be together, and it will be like you were never apart. i truly believe that there is a mate for everyone, and that it doesn't matter which sex you fall in love with, you will know when you find that special someone. the road is not always easy, but it will be so worth it. i've been where you are, and know what lays ahead (kinda). be happy!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Sasha said...

*sigh* That is the sweetest thing...

I'd love to make the journey someday. Can I invite myself? :)

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so beautiful it actually made me cry when i read it

4:23 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

that is so nice. I am glad you two are so happy. i can't wait until you are together.

Shelly

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, you guys are made for each other! And it's great to hear that things are looking up, making the impossible come to life!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

You know that would be awesome if I could realize a dream and make my first trip to Great Britain to watch you make your dream come true. High Hopes :)

8:00 PM  
Blogger Mistify said...

this is my first time by and WOW what a beautiful post of your love...congratulations to you and she for finding one another...enjoy her.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Awww, that is so beautiful. I'm happy for you both.

Looking forward to my invitation. :)

6:20 AM  
Blogger straighttalker05 said...

Woooo - count me in.

I'm always ready for a party.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

I would love to come over.
(((hugs)))

11:30 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Ten months. :) COngrats.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

Beautiful. Did ~S~ write it?
Sounds like a song... lovely.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Happy Homemaker said...

I just recently came upon you and S's blogs and have been reading them through the archives over the last day. I'm getting married next weekend, and can't wait to show this poem to my fiancee. The love you and S share is spellbinding to me, and I anxiously follow your journey to happiness!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home