Monday, October 09, 2006

11 (no porridge today)

I had a post all lined up for today. It was half done, saved neatly in drafts waiting to be completed.

Whilst waiting for dinner to cook I found myself, unusually, with half an hour to spare. The girls were playing together and for once it seemed not to involve bloodshed, MCat was fed and contented, dinner was taking care of itself. I was browsing a few blogs and happened to visit my site meter, followed a link I hadn't seen before and discovered this.

I'm strangely pleased about this little mention, pleased at having been noticed. It's strangely ironic though, in it's own little way, because it coincides with the very day that I decide to lessen up on the angsty, emotional posts in case everyone gets bored.

The angst is still there, all the emotion is still there and we are still banging our heads against the proverbial brick wall. Suggestions are offered, hope is dangled like a temptingly crisp carrot but just as we get close enough to nibble it falls off the string into a puddle of mud.

That's where we're at right now, thank you to Zero Boss for the shout out, I'm easily pleased in some respects.

13 Comments:

Blogger EE said...

Awww...hang in there DF.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem, DF. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

7:43 PM  
Blogger poet said...

nothing i could say would be enough. one day there will be a day you 2 will be together for always.

9:03 PM  
Blogger devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

You keep blogging, I'll never get bored!

12:19 AM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

I have faith that you two will be together!

2:26 AM  
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

It's cathartic to write about the angsty, emotional stuff. Btw, I'm not bored.

{{{{}}}}

6:59 AM  
Blogger Fish said...

infamy, (infamy, they've all got it...)

He seems like a nice chap?

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps the mention is, in a way, an affirmation, letting you know that you're spiffy just the way you are?

E

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huge congratulations with regards to the news on Sapphire's blog. :D ((((hugs!))))

And what a lovely mention, that's really nice. :)

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang on in there.It took me 3 years to become a resident in canada.I lived here for 2 years on a tourist visa unable to work.My children came on student visa's so they could work part time.Its a really tough process i know.Good luck to you both.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

There are so many people routing for you both!

Coronation Street over Eastenders any day - must be a Northern thing? :]

Perhaps we should take a leaf out of the Deidre prison saga of a few years ago and all wear T-shirts proclaiming "Unite the Blogging 2" or something along those lines... :]

8:19 PM  
Blogger Sapphire said...

You know, Miladysa, that's not a bad idea.... Cafe Press here I come!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Funny how such little mentions can be such a pick me up, no? Has happened to me too... I was recently thinking about deleting my entire blog and not writing anymore but I couldn't do it... and then I saw beautiful comments and little mentions here and there that served as little whispers and hellos when needed most...

We are all rooting for you and I cannot wait for the day when you two get to live together, finally, and just be! May it happen soon!

As for the pink and purple train, I am floored!!! My daughter would have been on cloud nine over that as pink and purple are her favorite colors and not a day goes by when she doesn't let me know... yet again! I have a feeling that she and Tink would get along just fine!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home