Monday, March 12, 2007

guitar girl and the art of falling

So, I appear to be dating.

How did that happen?

The last six months have been a rollercoaster, to say the very least, and I promise to explain a little more about things in that regard as I get back into the blogging swing of things.

But. The dating. Curiously - or not - I've been asked out quite a few times. It has been, and still is fun - but with a bittersweet twist which you will understand in due course. But back in February I met someone on a night out and since then I've seen her pretty much every weekend, and occasionally a couple of times during the week too. She's nice. Talented, clever, witty and amusing. I don't know though - I mean, I do really like her but there's just something that's not quite there. A little something indefinably conspicuous in it's absence. The main problem now being that I strongly suspect she is about to fall for me, if she hasn't done so already.

Oh, she hasn't said it yet - at least not in so many words. But on Saturday afternoon, whilst out shopping together, she jokingly commented that she could fall in love with me all over again. I demured, and laughed sweetly. Sunday morning, lying in her arms, I felt her trace something on my back with her fingertips. I asked what it was, she traced it again and I claimed I still couldn't work it out. I don't want her to say it, I don't want to be in the awkward position of not being able to say it back. I think she knows this.

But the apple is always eaten. We always fall...


On a slightly different note - and on the topic of privacy. I've opened up a wordpress blog, simply so that I can share stuff that might be a little too delicate and personal for public consumption. I hope this won't confuse anyone. I'll post primarily here, but will link to wordpress for any private posts - which will be password protected. If you're a regular reader, or an old friend, then please feel free to email me for the password, which I will happily provide. I don't want to go completely private for my blog, nor do I want to switch completely to wordpress - unless someone can tell me how to get my pretty template over there. Yes, it's a girl thing, I love my template and don't want to lose it. So, for me, this is the most workable compromise.

6 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Welcome Back DF! I was so glad to see you on my blog. I added you back to my links, hope you don't mind. You know i'd love the password if you want to email it to me tindal38@yahoo.com

4:23 PM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

Welcome home, sweetheart, we missed you.

All love,
Minxy x

5:49 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

Welcome back. Thanks for dropping by my place. I guess we are all going through big changes right now. As far as the dating goes if you feel like something is missing it probably is and I wouldn't ignore that. If she is getting in to deep it may be time to tell her how you feel.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you are back as well! I have read your blog for a long time...I haven't commented much (sorry). I was thrilled when your post showed up on my bloglines updates! I would love to keep up with your wordpress blog as well....and if yu really want to move your template I could probably help you do that as well. I moved from blogger to wordpress a year ago...I is a bit technical, but it can be done pretty easily.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!!

We missed you...

xxx

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for your template... I can help with that. I remember a certain someone doing the same thing for me with blogger!

Flick me an email if you need a hand.

xxx

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home