Monday, January 23, 2006

up to no good

UP TO NO GOOD

So I go for a day and people are wondering where I am *laughs*

Well, I'm here now. DH came home on Saturday night and was off work yesterday, prowling around the house. I did the good wife thing and stayed away from the PC, cooked a traditional Sunday lunch, did the ironing, basically I was a good girl. Which meant that he wasn't too mean. He did ignore me most of the day and went out twice without saying a single word to me. The first time I was still in bed, I got up to see that his car had gone. No idea where he had gone, no explanations, and he left his phone at home. He returned an hour later apparantly having been to the bank. Second time I vaguely knew he was going out (he had mentioned something to me about it) but again, I was upstairs sorting out some washing, came downstairs and once again he had just gone. Now this might just be me being picky, but surely it's polite to tell someone that you are going out? Even just a shout to say that he was going? Or is this me?

Anyway, then I started with the headache from hell and ended up going to bed early, sleeping for a couple of hours and then waking in the early hours with my head still pounding. I hate it when I wake in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. Especially when I'm in pain. I did drift back off eventually but that just makes it really hard to get up when I have to get up. Hence I'm now feeling groggy and want to climb back into bed for another couple of hours. I may just do that when the children have gone to school.

Oh, do you recall this? And do you recall the fact that it made no noticeable difference? Well, on Thursday I bought this...

I used it on Saturday. And yes, it made a big difference! A dramatic difference, in fact. You know when you catch sight of yourself in a mirror and do a double-take? I'm still doing that!

23 Comments:

Blogger pack of 2 said...

I love the color!!!

Shelly

9:06 AM  
Blogger natty68 said...

Pretty colour df :)

*hugs*

1:02 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Nice vibrant colour DF..
As for DH, what a complete moron..

1:09 PM  
Blogger Minerva said...

Rubbing in the fact you have hair again? *laughing*

It looks a wonderful colour...

Minerva

1:34 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Love the color too - so sassy!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

DF, I love that colour. I'm a natural blonde... and i always wanted to be a redhead. Go figure... I bet you look fablious.

What was DH doing at the bank, DF? Not to inject a note of doom and gloom -- but didn't you raise a point about how he was going to do *something* with the girls' Xmas money, he threatened you with something (but you sent him to a bank which opened later)...? AM i completely confused?

I'm sorry, but i don't trust your smarmy excuse for a man of a husband. And i worry about you.

Minxy xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1:48 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

Ah Minx, yes he was going to do *something* with the childrens' Christmas money, wasn't he - I didn't ever get around to updating on that situation.

A couple of days later he went back to the bank, paid in the childrens' cheques (to their accounts) and opened himself a new account. And he quite openly told me about it. His plan was to save some money in his own account since he quite clearly doesn't trust me. I think he was rather hoping to stash away a little money in secret and I would never know how much he had. But it all went wrong. He had hoped to be able to deposit money and cheques through the ATM machine (we can at our present bank) but the new bank he chose doesn't offer that facility. And he is never in town when it is open. So he now has to ask me to deposit it for him or transfer it online which again, I have to do for him. So he's not terribly happy about this. Mildly amusing though.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Fish said...

such a shame that you need to say "I was a good girl", and rotten luck with the headaches, lying in bed, awake, in the early hours is such a pain in the...bum?

2:58 PM  
Blogger Buttons said...

glad to see you back
that colour is my colour!!
I use it to perk up my own red
xx

4:31 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Beautiful colour.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

Nice color. Yes I know exactly what you mean about the double takes in the mirror. The thing with the money still sounds iffy to me. Keep an eye on that account, it could be helpful when you are ready to get out.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Sapphire said...

She looks DAMN sexy with that new colour! I need a cold shower now...

8:23 PM  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

Heh heh heh.

Foiled again! If only it hadn't been for that pesky new bank.

*Evil cackle...*

La Minxxxxxx

8:32 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Very beautiful color! Will we catch a glimpse of it on Thursday?

5:07 AM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Hey, just popping in to say hello!

9:13 AM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Oh I used to love Feria, that color, too. Then it stopped covering the grays real well and I had to start visiting the hair dresser for coloring.

DF, if you don't have a bank account in just your name, you should consider opening one, and putting as much as you can into it.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

He's an inconsiderate idiot. We all know that. So on to more exciting topics - pics, woman! We need pics of this new fabulous hair!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Bent Fabric said...

When do we see yours? :)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Ugh, last night I had the same evening you did Sunday evening. I couldn’t go to sleep, because I had such a migraine. Then I ended up staying up all night watching movies, and then crashing at 5am eventually. When I woke up at 9am, I was so groggy that I felt shaky. I still feel a bit shaky from the lack of sleep.

I feel bad that DH doesn’t even let you know if he’s leaving the house or coming or going. That has to feel awkward living in the same house with someone who doesn’t communicate with you.

I hope you’re doing okay over there…feel better!!!

And yeah---I want to see the new hair color! I need a change myself. You must look stunning! Love that color too--but I'm not sure if I could pull it off.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for haircolor that makes a (good) noticeable difference! My last foray into coloring made a difference in my mirror, but not one that you can see in photographs...bah.

Sometimes it is good to just get away from the net for a while and come back refreshed and when other househould members wouldn't be peeking over your shoulder!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

Come on - show us the hair! :)

8:33 PM  
Blogger Lil Bit said...

ooooooooo! We wanna see! Post a pic!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

Bee-YOO-tiful!!!! This is a gorgeous color.

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home